Archinect
anchor

Wipeout...with .plt?

Bula

Has anyone been able to successfully create a plot file (preferably an HP/GL-2 format) that correctly processes the wipeout/mask command in Acad (2004)? That is to say, when plotting from the plot file does the mask display properly?

I have yet to get this to work. I typically use a separate program to view and plot the plot files (either Repro Desk or View Companion). It either case it appears as a black bar or does not mask.

I have obtained the latest drivers, I have contacted AutoDesk, our local repro. company & the software companies above, and researched extensively but cannot resolve the issue. The only solution I have found is to avoid the wipeout/mask command.

Mar 3, 05 7:46 pm
zoroaster

If you haven't been able to resolve this yet, you might want to try posting your question in the newsgroups (Usenet), in groups such as alt.cad.autocad and comp.cad.autocad (the two general-purpose autocad groups), and autodesk.autocad.print-plot, and perhaps some other general ones under the autodesk.autocad... category if you find something appropriate.

The autodesk... prefaced ones (such as the autodesk.autocad.print-plot I mentioned above) are actually discussion forums set up by Autodesk I believe, though they are open to all and, as such, there hopefully should still be someone who can answer your question, despite the fact that there seems not to be anyone at Autodesk who can.

Outlook Express is probably the easiest way to access the newgroups, and you set it up much as you set it up for email; go to tools->accounts, and there should be a "news" tab just as there is a "mail" tab; enter in your news server name, isp login name, isp password. Your news server name will likely be a variation of your email pop server name; eg if your pop server is pop.yourisp.com, your news server will likely be news.yourisp.com or a variation thereof. If by chance it asks for your smtp server (in my version of OE, it does not) simply re-enter what your email smtp (outgoing) server is (it uses the same one).

Then (in my version of OE, again, but I imagine yours won't be too different), go to tools->newsgroups, and if this is your first time, it will retrieve a list of all the available groups on your newsserver (tens of thousands); when this is done, choose (either by scrolling down the list, or by typing directly) each group you want to add, click "subscribe", and then, "go to", at which point the messages for that group should load into your panes just as with email. Then you can simply read and reply/compose new message just as you do with email (but be sure to compose a new news message, rather than a new mail message, when you want to post to the groups).

Then, be sure to check back no less frequently than once a day or two for any replies, as your isp's news server may tend not to hold messages in these groups very long before deleting them.

I admit my explaining is a bit rough, but this should be pretty worthwhile as I've had many esoteric questions answered in the autocad groups -- it's a great resource to have (if, in fact, you haven't used the newsgroups before :)).

Mar 24, 05 2:17 am  · 
 · 
Bula

Thanks zoro...I will try out the news groups.

Mar 24, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: