Archinect
anchor

MBA with emphasis Architectural Management: Degree worth pursuing?

nsun

Hi all,

I am an interior designer that graduated about a year ago with a BS in Interior Arch and Design. Since then, I've had a handful of internships varying from residential to commercial and now retail. It's been hard to find my niche because the economy is so hard right now! A friend's father is an architect and does institutional design and I've been shadowing him and I'm pretty sure that is the route I want to go down. It seems a lot more stable than all of the fields I've been interning in. 

Before I go down this route though I have been thinking of going back to school for an MBA in Arch Management. I think it's a pretty new degree and was wondering if anyone has taken this degree before. If so, how has it helped you, what are the pros and cons? It seems like a great degree but I want to be sure that I get return on investment before I go back. I think this degree could lead to a Project Manager role which is ideally what I want to be. I love design but I see myself more in a technical/managing role. 

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Aug 1, 11 6:08 pm
MJPM

Dear Nsun,

Please send me your e mail address so I can advice you on some programs.

Best,

Jul 20, 13 8:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: