Archinect
anchor

Simple HTML question...

glick

I have read through the dreamweaver threads and I have not found an answer...so here is the question for any who would be kind enough to answer:

I am creating a website in dreamweaver and would simply like the main graphic/navigation/image display to stay centered in the browser window when minimizing and maximizing. A good example can be found here: www.comma-nyc.com

I am new to web design and have read through the tutorials but I can't figure it out...and my head hurts. Is this easy to do? Why is something so simple so hard!!!

Thanks for any help!

Mar 2, 05 10:33 am
a-f

I haven't coded HTML for a long time, but if remember correctly, it's a good idea to create a 3x3 table (or frame). Set the whole table to autofit the browser window, then set the center cell to desired width/height (in pixels, preferrably).

Mar 2, 05 10:54 am  · 
 · 
e

<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%" height="100%">
<tr><td align=center valign=middle>

Mar 2, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
glick

thanks for your replies...

a-f:

What to you mean by 3x3 table? is that just a proportion?

e:

I am not code literate...altough I am reading about it currently...is there a way I can do what that code says through a dialogue box in dreamweaver.

or...where would i copy and paste that code line into?

Mar 2, 05 11:09 am  · 
 · 
a-f

No, three rows and three columns. Sorry, but I don't have access to Dreamweaver at the moment, so I can't give you the exact command.

Mar 2, 05 11:12 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

if you rdid the tutorial you would know where to paste it. you're a lier and a cheat!

Mar 2, 05 11:14 am  · 
 · 
glick

a-f:

I understand now. I can search for the autofit option, but do you have a general idea where it may be? Thanks.

e:

I just saw your site...very nice! Hopefully I will become literate enough to approach that kind of design someday. I am trying to put in your code lines right now.

Mar 2, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 
glick

monkeyboy....go make a button morph into another button...and then to another button...and then back to the original button...and then check the grad school thread again...then puke and repeat.

Mar 2, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
glick

a-f: found it

Mar 2, 05 11:34 am  · 
 · 
glick

thanks for your help!

Mar 2, 05 11:34 am  · 
 · 
Margine

Dreamweaver has the command "align center" and it automatically does it for you .

Mar 2, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: