Archinect
anchor

fishing museum in iceland?

noguy

Hello all, trying to find a build I was told about. It is a fishing museum perhaps in iceland. It is a bar building made of concrete and wood. any one know what I'm talking about? Thanks

Mar 2, 05 12:41 am
aemkei

Only fishing museum I can think of (at all) is the Karmøy Fishing Museum in Karmøy, Norway, by Snøhetta. Hope it's the one you're looking for.

link

Mar 2, 05 2:54 am  · 
 · 
Jr.

Hm...that link didn't work for me, but I found it at this one. A heavier version of the Clinton library, eh?

Mar 2, 05 9:27 am  · 
 · 
siggers

I've been to Iceland often and I don't know what this could be, though to be honest I don't keep abreast of what goes on there, any more details?

Mar 5, 05 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'd also check out a number of different museums in norway
by sverre fehn...there's one in hamar and a couple others
...they aren't fishing museums..but they are concrete with
wood...

Mar 5, 05 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
indigo

I am (planning on) heading out to Iceland for a few weeks in June. My boyfriend's brother is a visiting professor at Holar, up in the North. This will probably be our base camp, though we will of course fly in/out Reykjavik. I am looking for any info I can get, especially on Architecture. Lots of websites & books on Iceland tourism, but I am sure there must be some cool buildings as well, besides Hotel 101 or whatever.

Mar 24, 05 1:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: