Archinect
anchor

people for renderings?

eric_h

does anyone know of any other places, aside from turbosquid, where you can download pics of people to drop into renderings. I need some pictures of kids for an elem. school rendering and i'm having zero luck.

Feb 26, 05 5:53 pm
VanWinkle

gettyimages.com

Feb 26, 05 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
mmm3

come on now, go snap some pictues yourself

Feb 27, 05 7:58 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

everyone knows architects hate putting people in buildings for the final 'monograph photo money shot' that is unless they already have a motion blur on them, so you might as well start out now with some good cold hard architectural renders!
or do something different- someone i saw once used jelly babies in a model-
it looked brilliant.

Feb 27, 05 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

what are jelly babies?

I put people in my renderings, not blurred - that's a no-no from the boss, but they are usually behind something else or I search really hard to make them really natural - the best is shooting some yourself. Then they don't look so dorky. Make sure the feet are resting on the ground or fudge it. Make sure they aren't walking crooked down the hall! I take hours to do my people and I don't have vey many. Our people library for renderings has only 55 Plus and Business People. So I have to go out and get pictures of the rest of the populace. It's easy.

Feb 27, 05 11:32 am  · 
 · 
ferplexion

i just search for entourage images with Google image search.

Feb 27, 05 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Is this a Jelly Baby?

Feb 27, 05 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
aml

i've made my own library over the years, basically stealing images from clothes websites. gap used to have people on white background, made it super easy. harder now that lots of sites use flash. banana republica was a good source, people looked better than gap people. fancier clothes usually had too much background.

if you need kids, go to kid's clothes stores sites. hope it works.

Feb 28, 05 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: