Archinect
anchor

Muschamp

washington

Does anyone take him seriously anymore? What's everyone's impression of him personally?

May 31, 04 4:49 pm
PostDepot

ny times picks up the new architectural critic

http://www.architecturemag.com/architecture/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000586823

Jul 27, 04 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
geezer

I wonder if Ouroussoff will continue his nutty "who's popular now" angle on architects. His last article for the LA Times this Sunday implied that Thom Mayne had to go hide in the wilderness for a few years before he could get a commission... bah! Some folks aren't in it for the fabulous prize of simply being fabulous. But maybe this is what readers (of the NY Times and LA Times) find interesting about our increasingly marginalized and imploding profession. Indeed, it could be a contributing factor.

Aesthetic innovation and interest comes at all scales of practice, not just the big ones. But which do we read about in the popular press?

Rant. Rave.

Jul 27, 04 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
redchairs

Yeah, really! And what I want to know is THIS - who the heck is gonna be the critic for the L.A. Times now??!?!

Jul 28, 04 12:14 am  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

There seems to be some interest in seeing Greg Goldin get the LA position, but no one I know has heard any reliable rumors from the Times (or any rumors at all, for that matter).

Greg has been writing about architecture for the LA Weekly, notably "Bunkum Hill" and "Light and Open", both of which examine the historical, political and economic context of architectural production in LA.

Jul 28, 04 3:55 am  · 
 · 
PostDepot

mike davis would be a good one. is he around? i wonder if he would accept such a position if he was offered the job.

Jul 28, 04 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: