Archinect
anchor

I'm sorry, but if you continue to wear that button down spider man shirt to the office, I won't be able to take your ideas seriously...

tagalong

yes, this person exists at my office....I'm not sure if it's the shirt, or the background image of the giant stoic eagle head adorned with the american flag on his computer monitor that I find more distracting...

Jul 29, 11 9:50 am
Beepbeep

Please  snap a discreet picture for us...

Jul 29, 11 10:21 am  · 
 · 
tagalong

proof...

Jul 29, 11 10:50 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

he needs another shirt over that, stat!

Jul 29, 11 10:50 am  · 
 · 

That office/cubicle doesn't have any windows, does it?

OK, I'm back to liking being self-employed now.  I expect this feeling will continue until the next email I get from my accountant.

Jul 29, 11 10:58 am  · 
 · 
WINTERFRONT

Graphic designer??

Jul 29, 11 11:05 am  · 
 · 
dhhuston

The thing that ties the outfit together is the very 'merican background image on his computer. USA!

Jul 29, 11 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

oh man you better hope that dude isnt on the nect cause id feel really bad for him... 

ask him for his input on the debt ceiling

Jul 29, 11 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Hey, it is a button-down, right?  That automatically makes it grown-up attire in my book.

Jul 29, 11 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

he's definitely not on the nect and can remain anonymous, for that matter I'm next to certain that no one else in my office even knows about this site...

Jul 29, 11 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

OMG that photo is totally of vado retro! He's been outed!

I thought Fridays were ninja turtle suit days for him, but oh well...

Jul 29, 11 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

I think the biggest surprise here is that this guy is married.

Jul 29, 11 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I have met the fabulous Vado Retro and I can attest that is definitely NOT him. 

Jul 29, 11 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Lest we be too harsh...  I'd wager that many of us here are of the geek persuasion, and have been made fun of for an article of clothing, or reading material, or other personal choice in our lifetimes.

Jul 29, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

WOW. I will leave it at that.

Jul 29, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

So it turns out that was citizen. That was my second guess. 

Hey citizen, may the force be with you!

-\\//   <-- spock hand

Jul 29, 11 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
WINTERFRONT

Geeks can be fashionable as well... just look at Batman.

Jul 29, 11 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

citizen - yeah, we're geeky, but I thought were the kinds of kids who got made fun of for wearing things like velvet sport coats and bow-ties and bowling shoes.

James - this is what happens when you let your kids dress you.

Jul 29, 11 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

Let me rephrase that so it's slightly less mean... "still married."

Although this is coming from a person wearing an A-shirt in a public professional profile picture. I should bite my tongue and apologize for the fashion and taste oversight.

I'm so sorry... NERDS!

Jul 29, 11 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

That is illogical, Rusty.

Jul 29, 11 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

One of the best Architectural Designers I ever worked with kept a photo of Ronald Regan on his desk and that was way before computers and well he was a card carrying NRA member who lived for "Turkey Shoots"  I recall one day  a call coming into the office where he became very excited cause the Cops had turned up a trove of guns stolen from his house They had also stolen a zebra hide.  I don't think they ever found the zebra hide.  I can imagine him today wearing a spiddy outfit.....and just as good of a designer.

Jul 29, 11 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

JJR, that's probably just the girl he stalks. Or maybe that's the stock photo that came with the frame.

Jul 29, 11 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, I just can't feel comfortable making fun of some random dude's sartorial choices when it seems he - and the OP - could easily be outed.

And to add: I'm with my family in Myrtle Beach this week, as we come here every summer to have a family get together.  Two days ago we all - two grandparents, my doctor sister, her husband, and four grandkids, plus a girlfriend - all made home made tie dye Tshirts.  Then we wore them as a group to crab leg buffet.  A GROUP OF TEN in matching tie dye.

So yeah, I can't judge.  I'm a total dork.

Jul 29, 11 8:39 pm  · 
 · 

the awesomest total dork, though.

Jul 29, 11 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Three generations in tie-dye? 

Steven stole my adjective, Donna.  That sounds fantastic.  Please post a pic!

Jul 29, 11 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

Is the guy in question an architect or just a computer IT Tech (ie. gamer) that just monitors the office network server or is he just a CAD monkey (ie. drafter) with just an AA in CAD drafting and no goals of becoming in Architect?

This is common attire for those mid-30s to early 40s guys who were born in the 70s and grew up in the 80s and early 90s table-top RPG era and is a comic book / RPG / Gamer / artsy fartsy pie in the sky thinker type(s). Ok. some people are just that. Alot computer IT geeks dress that way because they don't want to be in the stuffy OLD MAN suits and are generally anti-meeting rooms types who just wants to be in their cubicle or only socialize in one-on-one and mostly socialize with the chicks in the office and that is their goal in life. That is kind of the nature of that age group and style attire for those in that group except those that want to be the businessmen / principals (architects) and office / board room types.

I wouldn't give a rats about it. He isn't going to the clients and the meeting rooms because he isn't interested and is content with his job and very well can do their job well. So what.

Yet, they are the type of guys that are interested in sharing their ideas even though they probably don't know what the F--- they are talking about or their ideas are silly.

I would not totally disregard any ideas the fellow may have but also needs to be thought through before applying the idea(s). I seen people like that and they are surely excited about the idea like it is great but isn't always practical without modifications to the idea. However, they can seed ideas that can be workable.

Jul 29, 11 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
collartim

I wouldn't give a rat about it he do what he doit just that type. ok. I seen he in 30's maybe 40's mid chicks and board room types. OLD MAN gamers and RPG interested in F-- and content to seed spiderman (ie. gamer). It just those type.OK. Idea(s) of CAD and silly without modifications to idea. RPG era that group and thinker attire. OK. Goals. Workable.

Jul 30, 11 3:12 am  · 
 · 

Sure, we have these "as long as he or she is skilled and competent" conversations.

But they quickly turn as soon as someone brings up flip-flops, shorts on men or even halter tops on women.

Jul 30, 11 4:23 am  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

I definitely want him to design my man-cave.  Is that a big ol' hog-sized, football championship ring on his finger?

Jul 30, 11 9:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

melty you didn't see my boxers!

Jul 30, 11 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Joe Soda

Class ring University of Phoenix.

Jul 31, 11 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ryan002

Hey. How many people on here like tabletop RPGs anyway?

Aug 1, 11 5:37 am  · 
 · 
archibernating

worst shirt, ever.

:)

Aug 1, 11 6:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: