Archinect
anchor

Struggling to find a job in another country from Russia...

Hello everyone! My name is Said, and I'm living in Russia right now. I wanted to ask about job opportunities for people from Russia. I'm not Russian, but I've been studying here and will be graduating this year. I have three years of work experience and have been applying for jobs outside the country, but I haven't received any responses from the companies. Is it due to the situation in Russia, or perhaps my portfolio isn't strong enough? What is the current situation regarding job opportunities for Russians and non-Russians in Russia?

here is my portfolio: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYUlajIC3zeW7Mkdfo4gu-lEYL3o9GyJ/view?usp=drive_link

Feb 10, 24 8:55 pm
Non Sequitur

why the fuck are you still in Russia if you’re not Russian? Any experience or even education in that shithole won’t be worth much. 

Feb 11, 24 12:43 am  · 
 · 

We moved to Russia before everything has started. And as I said, I will be graduating this year and have to finish my study:)

Feb 11, 24 1:38 am  · 
 · 

NS, not to offend you since I enjoy your posts. Russia has millions of non-nationals living in its vast territory.., foreign students, factory workers, etc. How prepared Canada is to accept them escaping the "shithole"?

Feb 12, 24 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I have worked with a number of people educated in Russia and, as long as their English is up to it, have always found them at least as competent as others.

Feb 12, 24 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Orhan, no offence taken but to answer your question, we're as prepared as anyone else... ie not. But we're still taking in hundreds of thousands of people per year, a not insignificant % are from conflict areas.

Feb 12, 24 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

this post was moved to reply above.

Feb 12, 24 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

At least here in the US, there are many firms that would be happy to consider you, if you were already here. Unfortunately, many will not look at foreign nationals who might need extra assistance with relocation and visas.

Feb 12, 24 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: