not yet

Mar 2, 24 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
Stressed Architect

got an email today

Mar 3, 24 7:58 am  · 
1  · 
watermelonsunday

received an email this morning! MArch 2 years!

Mar 5, 24 9:49 am  · 
2  · 
cuarch202
  • Undergraduate Degree/School/Year graduated

Bachelor of Science in Architecture (B.S.Arch), Minor in Sustainability / Bachelor of Civil Engineering (B.C.E) - Five Year Dual Degree Program - Graduating May 2024

• Relevant professional experience

1 construction firm, 2 small architecture firm, 1 government architecture/engineering internship/CO-OPS, various part-time research and TA positions

lots of involvement in on-campus architecture and engineering organizations w/ leadership positions, awards, exhibited/published projects

• GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

3.6 GPA, No GRE

• Letters of recommendation

- 1 Architecture Studio Professor, 1 Civil Engineering Professor/Research Mentor, President of University, 1 Architecture Research Mentor

• Essay/Statement 

Talked about architecture's influence growing up in a quaint town, the human experience architecture creates on a variety of scales, integration within the field (architecture, engineering, sustainability, structures, etc.) to shape the built environment

• Portfolio

1 professional project, 3 architecture studios (1 from semester abroad), 1 engineering/structural project, 1 personal project (metal craft), film photography from abroad - lots of hands-on work (model-making) and various rendering styles

• Schools

GSAPP, MIT, Pratt, Northeastern, RISD, Yale, UPENN, CUA 

• Results

In at Pratt and CUA, Excitedly awaiting the rest!

• Tips

Treat applications like a full-time job and start as early as you can. I found it worth it to redo some of my older projects to meet the level of my most recent ones. Show variety in your portfolio (different styles, various scales small to large, process work). Find a way to make your application unique and personal to you and your interests. Lastly, throughout your undergrad degree keep record on an external drive of all your projects so when it comes to make your portfolio you will have those initial process sketches and files.

Mar 1, 24 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
darknight1689

Congratsss! Did Pratt offer you any scholarship? I also applied to Pratt and Ik its crazy expensive there.

Mar 4, 24 10:00 pm  · 
1  · 
cuarch202

thanks! I got advanced standing with $30000 per yr so would only be a 2 yr program but definitely super expensive for housing in nyc area

Mar 6, 24 12:43 pm  · 
1  · 
cuarch202

In at UPENN, just got acceptance email a few hours ago

Mar 6, 24 12:44 pm  · 
1  · 
cuarch202

Waitlisted RISD

Mar 6, 24 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
cuarch202

Just got off RISD waitlist - accepted

Mar 25, 24 11:22 am  · 
 · 
lilahshwa

Hi there. I know it's late but I want to share my results and possibly connect with people who got into the same program/school!! 

UT Austin B.Arch (5 years) 

half a year at an architecture office in New York as a part of my undergraduate internship program

recently graduated so no other work experiences

• GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

GPA 3.94 from Undergraduate 

GPA 3.85 from summer classes I took from a different system

N/A

3 in total; all of them from my past studio professors

• Essay/Statement 

for my personal statement, I talked about my multicultural background and how having impartial views growing up in these types of environments affected my professional interest in promoting the idea of diversity, equity, and inclusivity through architecture; I also talked mainly about my undergraduate studio projects that are related to these ideas, etc. 

• Portfolio

six projects total; all from undergraduate studio projects, some are individual, and some are group projects. page numbers depend on the school's requirements

• Schools

Harvard GSD - MArch II

YSoA - MArch II

Cornell AAP - MSAAD

Columbia GSAPP - MSAAD

• Results

I got into: 

Cornell MSAAD - with scholarship/award + future fellowship position

YSoA MArch II - haven't received additional information yet; for now just a portal update 

I am still waiting for other schools and will update as soon as the results come out. 

• Tips

it's late to give any advice but maybe it will help future applicants...

At first, I doubted myself and wasn't too confident that I could get into any of these schools when I was preparing for application materials. I took a stupid route and checked online portfolios of people who got in, which led me to start comparing myself. But by talking to friends, professors, and family members about my worry, they told me that as long as I can show them I am eager to learn, genuine about the research interest I propose to them in the essay, and show the potential of growth through my portfolio, they will want me. And so far, it worked! 

So my advice is not to be swayed by online portfolios; instead, just focus on what you have in your hands. Searching online portfolios for references is fine as long as it doesn't undermine your confidence. 

Mar 2, 24 2:46 am  · 
2  · 
STRATA

One year programs correct? Your portfolio available online?

Mar 3, 24 12:16 am  · 
 · 
lilahshwa

I think all the program has different periods of study; Cornell is 3 semesters (including a summer semester), Yale is 4 semesters, and the rest are something similar. And my portfolio is unavailable online and I don't think I will post it for now...

Mar 3, 24 3:30 am  · 
 · 
STRATA

I see. Tried to get in a post professional degree program during the pandemic
but failed. Was just curious. Best of luck.

Mar 3, 24 4:16 am  · 
 · 
lilahshwa

Out GSD

Mar 7, 24 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
lilahshwa

In GSAPP

Mar 7, 24 1:23 pm  · 
1  · 
lilahshwa

Depends on financial aid, but probably going to YSoA

Mar 7, 24 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
meekiko

Accepted to Pratt with scholarship and accepted to City College. Even with scholarship Pratt is almost 3x the amount as City. Is it worth it?

Mar 2, 24 9:06 am  · 
 · 
JoeyTheGiant

Hi meekiko, as I mentioned above I’m someone who went through this whole process 4 years ago and graduated last year. On my list of schools that I applied to and was accepted to, I forgot to mention Pratt. I got into Pratt, with no financial offer initially. They sent me the estimated cost of tuition and living in Brooklyn, which in 2020 was $100,000 per academic year… That is an insane sum of money for a three-year program when you’re only going to be making somewhere between $55k and &
65K salary for the first few years.. go to the most affordable program and forget all the other hype. If you get big offer from a “hype” school, of course take it. Also consider things like the city, job growth in the city you’re studying in or the one you want to move to after graduation. Understand which firms are there, study the economy of that place to see what the outlook for real estate development and design is. Take a targeted approach. Let school be a means to an end, not the goal itself — that end, is becoming a professional designer. Look at AIA calculator for your preferred region to get a sense of what you will earn based on where you will end up and how much experience you will have on day one. Pratt is awesome, but wildly overpriced for what you get in the end. Same with Sci-arc and other for-profit schools that lean heavily into Theory, over practice. Just my 2 cents

Mar 2, 24 9:47 am  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

I'm going to 100% second this! I was also accepted to Pratt yesterday and was a little disappointed at the scholarship award (20k per year, which covers a third of the tuition). While I didn't apply to CCNY I am a graduate of the CUNY system (I got my BA from Hunter) and I can tell you that CUNY graduates are held to an exceptional esteem in New York City. Here's a baffling example: I worked in clinical research at NYU for many years, and it was basically an unspoken department policy that we would hire grads from CUNY (ie, Hunter, Brooklyn College and CCNY) over grads from NYU or Columbia...this is at NYU. Im in my 30s so I have a bit more perspective on what getting a job entails, and I can tell you that literally no one of any importance cares about whether you went to Harvard or a state school. People care about your work ethic, whether you are polite and make eye contact, and if you have enough common sense to wear deodorant to the office. If someone only hires graduates from Yale or whatnot you should take that as a sign that working for them will be a guaranteed nightmare. I would suggest (and I'm saying this to myself too) going to the program that gives you the most money while also offering you the best chances of success. Huge congrats on your admissions and successes thus far!

Mar 2, 24 3:06 pm  · 
3  · 
JoeyTheGiant

Well said fancydirt. I have a friend in mentor, who, until recently worked at one of the hottest firms on the West Coast with an office in San Francisco, where he still practices. He said that his office’s policy was to completely disregard applications from applicants straight out of the Ivies, but that was only because, at least in their opinion, the Ivies produced highly theoretically capable students but without the Practical grounding (I think Cornell is one of the few exceptions to this rule) - I showed my portfolio to a friend at GSAPP and another at GSD and both felt my work showed more applicable knowledge than theirs (not that that’s saying much, coz I still learn so much daily in practice) — these programs are amazing tho if you intent to work in academia - can’t beat a degree from YSoA or GSD if you plan to teach… @meekiko , if you’d like, I have two friends who are undergrads at city College NY, earning their B.Arch, they are insanely talented young men, native New Yorkers. We met at an architecture conference through AIAS in Atlanta a couple of years ago. I’d be happy to put you in touch. Again, they are not grad students, but they could show you around, talk to you about the program, or put you in touch With current grad students etc.. in fact, I met up with them just this summer, and they showed me around the city, and we went to see an architecture student exhibition at the Cooper union, which was really awesome!

Mar 2, 24 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

I got accepted too with a 15000 dollar/ semester. I am an international applicant, I need suggestions too.

Mar 3, 24 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
darknight1689

I think that $15000 is the new norm now, I saw a lot of pattern where school gave that amount of scholarship to many students rather than giving a higher scholarship to fewer student. This yield higher rate of student going to that school and yet they still get more in tuition, quantity wise.

Mar 3, 24 3:25 pm  · 
1  · 
talhazulqarnain

Clever. Do you think an Admission in pratt means one can get into GSD or Columbia as well ?

Mar 3, 24 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
darknight1689

I cant say for sure, as long as you're confident in your application you will get into Columbia and GSD. I'm also an international applicant receiving a scholarship from Cornell, but man... in this economy having to spend 150k+ going to grad school is such as pain for all of us. Only miracle is a full-ride.

Mar 3, 24 8:54 pm  · 
2  · 
darknight1689

Well explained, couldn’t agree more!

Mar 2, 24 2:38 pm  · 
1  · 
Stressed Architect

Heard from gradcafe that cornell M.Arch was released. Not entirely sure can anyone confirm??

Mar 2, 24 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
twinkybear

idk but i like ur username LOL

Mar 2, 24 6:32 pm  · 
1  · 
Stressed Architect

i meant acceptances... I am still waiting to hear back

Mar 2, 24 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
noidea

yes - received acceptance yesterday from Cornell (MArch1)- good luck to you!

Mar 2, 24 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Stressed Architect

Do they send the majority of their acceptances on March 1st??

Mar 2, 24 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
lilahshwa

I am not too sure if they are on a rolling basis or send every decision at the same time. I received mine on February 29th. I think if you don't receive anything until mid-March or later, then you should email or call them for a status update.

Mar 3, 24 3:36 am  · 
 · 
amirhosseinmoradi0312

Has anyone heard a admission from MIT?

Mar 3, 24 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
jackalope2

there is one on gradcafe from March 1

Mar 3, 24 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

there´s Harvard GSD acceptances on grad cafe from today!

Mar 4, 24 9:14 am  · 
 · 
amazing

Do you know if any MArch 1 candidate has been admitted?

Mar 4, 24 9:42 am  · 
 · 
lh11

im only basing off GradCafe. as of now there is one acceptance to MArch 1, another one to MArch 2, and two waitlisted. ive been seeing them come in since this morning so I can only assume acceptances are rolling in first

Mar 4, 24 9:44 am  · 
1  · 
amazing

I hope so too and I wish us luck!

Mar 4, 24 10:04 am  · 
1  · 
ar81

got my MArch 1 acceptance via email early this morning! best of luck to everyone

Mar 4, 24 11:20 am  · 
6  · 
amazing

Congratulations! Are you an international applicant?

Mar 4, 24 11:59 am  · 
 · 
ar81

domestic

Mar 4, 24 12:09 pm  · 
1  · 
Zacro

Waitlisted at GSD for March II

Mar 4, 24 9:16 am  · 
1  · 
amazing

Was it via an email notification
or status portal update?

Mar 4, 24 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Zacro

Got an email notification for a status update on the portal!

Mar 4, 24 10:04 am  · 
 · 
amazing

Okay. If you don’t mind my asking, about how many hours ago, please
?

Mar 4, 24 10:15 am  · 
 · 
Zacro

Two hours (From this comment)

Mar 4, 24 10:59 am  · 
1  · 
amazing

Thank you for your kind response.

Mar 4, 24 11:03 am  · 
1  · 
jingp

Does anyone know if they send out emails all at once or do they email manually? 

Mar 4, 24 10:39 am  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Same here, This is so tense.

Mar 4, 24 2:15 pm  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

This question tickled me...

Mar 4, 24 2:17 pm  · 
1  · 
asdfa

Do you think that they will be sending out anymore acceptances?

Mar 4, 24 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Stressed Architect

Anyone heard from berkeley?

Mar 4, 24 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
llsb00

I haven't heard anything back yet.

Mar 4, 24 12:47 pm  · 
1  · 
twinkybear

not yetttttt

Mar 4, 24 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
fancydirt

Is that your top choice, Twinky?

Mar 4, 24 2:10 pm  · 
1  · 
twinkybear

yes!!!!! cross your fingers!!!!!

Mar 4, 24 7:49 pm  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

criss cross apple sauce (for both of us)

Mar 4, 24 10:06 pm  · 
1  · 
twinkybear

MANIFESTING FOR U, FANCY. we WILL be in studio together this fall

Mar 4, 24 10:44 pm  · 
1  · 
mmk5885

I got waitlisted for M.Arch 1 at GSD this morning. I know it’s probably different every year but does anyone have a sense of the likelihood of getting accepted off the waitlist?

Mar 4, 24 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Zacro

Depends on your position on the waitlist. You can never know; just sleep on it till you get a status update.

Mar 4, 24 2:07 pm  · 
1  · 
amazing

@mmk5885 are you a domestic or International applicant?

Mar 4, 24 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
mmk5885

Domestic

Mar 4, 24 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
llsb00

Has anyone been rejected from GSD yet? I'm only seeing acceptances and wait-list so I'm getting nervous haha

Mar 4, 24 2:55 pm  · 
2  · 
amazing

Likewise!

Mar 4, 24 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Will the notification be made via email ?

Mar 4, 24 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
llsb00

Got an answer to my own question, unfortunately. Rejected from GSD. Didn't get an email, checked the portal manually.

Mar 4, 24 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

just got an email! rejected as expected :´)

Mar 4, 24 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
amazing

Kindly comment under this post if you are an international applicant for the GSD MArch I program and you have been either accepted/rejected/waitlisted

Mar 4, 24 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

int student! just got an email to check portal status. rejected as expected :´) wish u luck!

Mar 4, 24 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
keepbuilding

Int'l; I got rejected and they didn't even bother to send me an email, I had to check the portal myself

Mar 5, 24 10:54 am  · 
 · 
Zorbon the Builder

Undergraduate Degree/School/Year graduated:

Applied Math major CUNY City College of NY, 2018

Chemistry at SUNY Binghamton (did not graduate)

Relevant professional experience:

No work experience relevant to architecture.

GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

2.97 GPA. at CCNY

1.80 at SUNY Binghamton

Letters of recommendation

1 from English professor and 1 from project manager at work, 1 from UI/UX designer at work

Essay/Statement 

Talked about residential housing and automate construction goals, improving minority experiences etc.

Portfolio

Mock project an mole, hand drawings sketches, sculptures, digital web design

Schools

Harvard, MIT, Cornell, Notre Dame, University of Virginia, Georgia Tech, Syracuse

Results

UVA ($7.5k scholarship), Syracuse ($15k scholarship), Georgia Tech (no scholarship,

Harvard (rejected), Cornell (rejected)

MIT (awaiting), Notre Dame (awaiting)

Tips

Not sure

Mar 4, 24 6:00 pm  · 
1  · 
zaroth

Undergraduate Degree/School/Year graduated

bfa architecture / private us college / dec 2023

Relevant professional experience

no professional experience, worked for arch department @ school

GPA/GRE/TOEFL

3.76 / no GRE 

3 from arch department

Essay/Statement

i wrote mainly about what i want to use architecture for in a practice and continue research from undergrad

Portfolio

portfolio was 7 projects, one primary thesis project consisting of a models exhibition, 5 more modeling projects, an axonometric drawing project, and some additional projects of lower caliber

Schools

GSD, GSAPP, rice, yale, princeton

Results

accepted to rice($$$$)

accepted to yale(?)

waitlisted at GSD

Tips

i'm not sure if i have many tips as i'm already this late to the thread and decisions still coming. 

am curious if anyone knows what day princeton has sent out in the past? congrats to all. is anyone else's anxiety still not dropping even after receiving an acceptance? make this end.

Mar 5, 24 4:51 am  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Congradulations ! Any idea when will GSAPP announce results ?

Mar 5, 24 9:04 am  · 
 · 
keepbuilding

I think Princeton came out on Mar 8 last year

Mar 5, 24 11:08 am  · 
 · 
fancydirt

Congrats on your acceptances!

Mar 5, 24 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

thank you! back at ya! i think gsapp is mid march. also should've clarified in my post but i'm m.arch 1

Mar 5, 24 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
cuarch202

congrats! would you mind sharing your portfolio?

Mar 6, 24 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

following up on this with results: in@GSAPP($) and out @princeton. planning to go yale

Mar 14, 24 3:18 am  · 
 · 
keepbuilding

Did anyone get rejected by UMich

Mar 5, 24 10:53 am  · 
 · 
Messy

Berkeley informal notification via email just now. They said will have formal offer + decision on scholarship later. Decision to be made before April 15 

Mar 5, 24 5:04 pm  · 
3  · 
Messy

Still waiting for MIT… seems like you could wait till late April only to get rejected by MIT. Anyone knows what’s the basis of a rolling admission for master programs (considering the class size is so small)? Does it imply it itself is a waitlist system or they are still making decisions?

Mar 5, 24 5:08 pm  · 
1  · 
recuerdos__de

Congratulations!

Mar 5, 24 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
hasappington

Pretty sure we are rejected from MIT at this point

Mar 5, 24 7:13 pm  · 
Messy

sadge

Mar 5, 24 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

Congratulations! I'm waiting for MIT too. I saw someone get accepted recently. But last year, the acceptance date ranged a lot. Still hope lol

Mar 6, 24 3:52 am  · 
 · 
Jerry10

For the people applying to GSAPP, one of my recommenders received a detailed thank you email last week, does that mean anything?

Mar 5, 24 6:22 pm  · 
1  · 
talhazulqarnain

Same here. I want to ask was it just one recommender who recieved this ?

Mar 5, 24 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
fancydirt

My references got it too. My old boss emailed me and was like "this is really bizarre." I wouldn't give it too much mind , probably just a bizarre administrative attempt at politeness.

Mar 5, 24 6:44 pm  · 
3  · 
talhazulqarnain

Just to add, my recommender is a GSAPP Alumini. Funny he mailed me this too and found it very confusing.

Mar 5, 24 7:07 pm  · 
1  · 
idial2000

Do you know if the recommenders of all the GSAPP applicants received this email?

Mar 5, 24 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Jerry10

i'm not sure, i only got a mail about this from one of my recommenders

Mar 6, 24 5:46 am  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Did you get any results from GSAPP ?

Mar 6, 24 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
nine_

GSAPP results wya.

Mar 6, 24 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Zacro

You'll have to wait another week maybe for that!

Mar 6, 24 10:44 am  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Anyone has any insight to how much tough is to get into GSD vs GSAPP. I have no prior experience to applying to any of these.

Mar 6, 24 3:56 pm  · 
1  · 
sillystarfish

out now

Mar 6, 24 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

Does anyone have information about MIT? Does no interview mean no offer???? So anxious

Mar 6, 24 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
jackalope2

Me tooooo! I don't think M.Arch does interviews, but I did a interview 2 weeks ago for the SM.ACT degree

Mar 6, 24 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
akarien

I interviewed for SMarchS and was told to
expect decisions by the 15th

Mar 6, 24 4:24 pm  · 
1  · 
qingh(qing)

Wow, it seems you can get it! Hope to hear good news from you !

Mar 6, 24 6:58 pm  · 
1  · 
dt_cs

@akarien May I know which group in SMArch S ?

Mar 6, 24 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
akarien

a+d

Mar 6, 24 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sage99

does anyone know when UW will send notifications?

Mar 6, 24 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
recuerdos__de

We’ll know by the 15th :)

Mar 6, 24 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
mmk5885

I know its kinda late in the game, but I like reading everyone else's so I thought I might as well post my own

BS architecture with a minor in film studies, small private school, spring 2023

Tthree years working in the CNC Mill shop at school (my final year I was promoted to student manager)

One year of experience as a TA for an architecture studio course

One summer of work at a concrete furniture design company

+ lots of leadership roles throughout undergrad in clubs and stuff

• GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

3.4 overall, but 3.6 for my architecture courses

One elective professor who now works for the senate, one studio professor, one urban theory professor, and my boss from undergrad (I only had all four submit to the schools that allowed supplemental recommendations, if there was a limit I just had the first three)

• Essay/Statement 

Super different for each school but I wrote about digital fabrication/my interest in the intersection of film studies and architecture (I included a paper I wrote on architecture and film as part of an undergrad independent study as a supplement) or I wrote about my interest in sustainable design and planning. Kind of a wide range of interests

• Portfolio

Three studio projects (One high-density housing at the urban block scale, one gallery/research center, one micro home), two pages of concrete furniture work, one facade design project, and various digital fabrication experiments

• Schools

(all for M.Arch 1, hopefully with advanced standing) UCLA, UC Berkeley, Pratt, GSAPP, GSD

• Results

Waitlisted at GSD, nervously waiting for the rest

• Tips

For anyone still in undergrad/making projects for your portfolio I would say try to save all of your files in an organized way as you go. I had a mess of a time trying to find which version of which pdf I wanted to include in my portfolio because when I was saving my work (always during hectic final review weeks), I didn't have a very strict and consistent file naming convention. I will definitely not make that mistake again. Also, I tried to choose recommenders who had connections to the schools I was applying to (two used to teach at GSD, one works with a lot of GSAPP faculty and goes for every final review) and who each had exposure to a different one of my skills (theory/reading, design, software competency, work ethic/time management). Not really sure if I'm in a position to give tips though, as I haven't been accepted anywhere yet lol :p

Mar 6, 24 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

in @ gsapp w/ $$!

should be out as of a few min ago

Mar 6, 24 5:54 pm  · 
8  · 
darknight1689

Oooo damn, gratzz!

Mar 6, 24 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Zahir_al_Umar

You got an email?

Mar 6, 24 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

I also received, but no merit, congratulations!!! btw, anyone knows about the real learning experiences about MSCDP at gsapp?

Mar 6, 24 7:02 pm  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

Congrats! I also got in! Was reallllly not expecting that.

Mar 6, 24 7:13 pm  · 
7  · 
talhazulqarnain

Notified by email ? Also what program ?

Mar 6, 24 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
fancydirt

M.Arch 1. Yet, email to check portal.

Mar 6, 24 7:23 pm  · 
2  · 
dt_cs

@qing did you apply for MSCDP ?

Mar 6, 24 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

@dt_cs yes! do you know that? Is it a good program?

Mar 7, 24 12:12 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

I applied for that program ! Waiting for results ! You got yours ?

Mar 7, 24 1:40 am  · 
 · 
keepbuilding

Does anyone know the class size at GSAPP for MArch (3 year) ?

Mar 7, 24 4:42 am  · 
1  · 
Zacro

@keepbuilding Class size is around 80. I saw their commencement from last year.

Mar 7, 24 5:14 am  · 
1  · 
qingh(qing)

@dt_cs yeah, I received acceptance of MSCDP yesterday. btw, does anybody know the class size for MSCDP ? have no idea about it

Mar 7, 24 9:27 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

@qingh Congratulations! I’m still waiting for my results. It’s a 2 years old program. So I don’t know much about it.

Mar 7, 24 11:38 am  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

Thx!!!! best luck to you!

Mar 7, 24 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

Waitlisted @GSAPP !

Mar 9, 24 12:58 am  · 
 · 
ksvlkm

Berkeley MAAD unofficial acceptance by email just now. 

Mar 6, 24 7:34 pm  · 
2  · 
dt_cs

Cornell Design Technology people did y’all got your results ?

Mar 6, 24 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

I saw someone ge t accepted

Mar 7, 24 12:13 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

UMich - in

Mar 11, 24 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

Cornell - in

Mar 11, 24 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

GSAPP - waitlisted

Mar 11, 24 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

UPenn - in

Mar 11, 24 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

congrats on results! wish you luck for gsapp. I also receive upenn and umich, do you apply for MArch program?

Mar 11, 24 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

No I did AAD and DMT

Mar 13, 24 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

Penn State - In

Mar 13, 24 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
sillystarfish
    • BA liberal arts architecture studies / private US college / 2023
    • internships each summer in undergrad at small/mid size firms and rn in my gap year, TA jobs, makerspace job
  • GPA/GRE/TOEFL 
    • 3.95 / lol no / no
    • 2 from architecture studio profs, 1 from boss at job, 1 from other dept. professor
  • Portfolio
    • all academic, few architecture studio projects, a few architecture analysis projects, misc work at the end

• Schools and Results (all M.Arch I)
    • I applied to a lot because I wanted $$ and wasn't feeling too confident, I got a good amount of application fee waivers even though I did it late, probably could've gotten more if I started earlier 
    • In with $$$ - Rice (2/23)
    • In with $$ - GSAPP (3/6)
    • In with $ - Pratt (3/1), IIT adv. standing (2/20)
    • In ($ pending) - Yale (3/1), UPenn (3/6)
    • Out - GSD (3/4)
    • Pending - MIT, Princeton, SciARC
  • Tips
    • start early to request application fee waivers, send in transcripts, get portfolio and essays looked at, etc
Mar 6, 24 8:38 pm  · 
2  · 
zaroth

congrats on results! got a first choice? curious as a fellow liberal arts 2023 arch grad

Mar 6, 24 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
sillystarfish

ooh I think it'll really depend on what financial aid comes out to and open house impressions, but Rice GSAPP and Yale prob top 3, looks like we got similar results so far down to scholarships haha. hbu would GSD be ur top choice if u got off waitlist?

Mar 7, 24 8:11 am  · 
 · 
zaroth

yeah same, financials are a big factor. gsapp aid offer wasn't exactly enough and basically balances out but columbia i also felt disappointed but when visiting last year. GSD was always a reach but I won't be waiting on it as logistics don't work out properly.

Mar 7, 24 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

yeah same, financials are a big factor. gsapp aid offer wasn't exactly enough and basically balances out but columbia i also felt disappointed but when visiting last year. GSD was always a reach but I won't be waiting on it as logistics don't work out properly.

Mar 7, 24 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

yale is #1 for me even though rice's aid is enticing, i just don't think I could do 3.5yr in Houston with my other options in play. still waiting on princeton over the next few days but for some reason i've been visualizing a rejection

Mar 7, 24 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
sillystarfish

ugh I misread the GSAPP award as given out semesterly so that's a bummer, yeah I heard the studio space and campus sucks, the open house is also same day as Rice so idk if ill get to visit

Mar 7, 24 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

same here! "annual scholarship distributed semesterly" required a double take or two. yeah bummer about the open house timing for rice/gsapp. i think yale open house is the only one I'll be able to see. will be close to my undergrad program though which is nice

Mar 7, 24 8:33 pm  · 
1  · 
sillystarfish

in at SCI-arc March II with some money from phone call

Mar 11, 24 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
sillystarfish

in at Princeton! surprised cuz I literally mailed them spreads printed on shitty printer paper and stapled

Mar 13, 24 9:01 am  · 
3  · 
JoeyTheGiant

Congrats on all your admissions SillyS.. Those of you who got into Rice (and with $ nonetheless), it's in incredible feat. Rice Architecture is technically the most selective Graduate Architecture program in the nation, and likely the world. They admit a super ttiny fraction of the students who apply and then they build a really small, Elite cohort. If you haven't visited yet, Houston (is my hometown), amazing city, and Rice is located in a gorgeous pocket of town. Go visit if you can, make sure the smaller cohort size is your vibe and DO IT! Rice is an Ivie of the South, as they say. They do some amazing research and their students produce top notch work!

Mar 13, 24 10:48 pm  · 
1  · 
darknight1689

@Sillystarfish got some crazy stats and admission. Drop us some tips and tricks king.

Mar 14, 24 1:42 am  · 
 · 
sillystarfish

dude honestly im surprised I feel like my application was rushed and mid, I think it helped I went to a more well known undergrad (many ppl ik applying m.archs from my school have gotten as good or better results) and have a slightly unique angle/sop, I also think I just applied to a lot but its nice to have options and leverage for financial awards

Mar 14, 24 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

exact same w me, other m.arch prospects from my schools have had solid success. does your undergraduate happen to be in NY?

Mar 18, 24 10:24 pm  · 
Zahir_al_Umar

People getting results from Berkeley, Columbia, and UPenn....I haven't heard a peep from any of them. Not looking good lol but I'm still hopeful. 

Mar 6, 24 8:42 pm  · 
3  · 
LizzieDArchie

I am feeling like I am getting a rejection from GSAPP…I feel like they sent out all the acceptances next It will be the rejections :(

Mar 6, 24 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

im feeling the same exact way! gsapp was my last hope but with all these acceptances, hope has left the chat lol. dont get me wrong it's so cool seeing everyone get their acceptances come in but just let us all know at the same time so we are not left so tense!!!!

Mar 6, 24 9:15 pm  · 
1  · 
llsb00

Same here :/ hoping they're just not done contacting people yet. Best of luck, fingers crossed

Mar 6, 24 9:16 pm  · 
2  · 
Zahir_al_Umar

Just got a rejection from Berkeley. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I had my portfolio looked over by architects who attended these schools and they all told me I had a strong chance with it. I think my low GPA really hurt me, and it is difficult to get over

Mar 6, 24 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
darknight1689

Fk Cal, I also got rejected lol.

Mar 6, 24 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

i understand, you could have acceptances and rejection will still feel so incredibly brutal. however, focus on THAT, that you got acceptances!!! that alone is enough of an indicator that you're not doing anything wrong

Mar 6, 24 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
llsb00

Just got my Berkeley rejection too. :(

Mar 6, 24 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

I have not recieved any emails from GSAPP and the portal is not updated as well ? What shall I think ? Are they going to be sending rejections ? or I shall wait more.

Mar 6, 24 11:08 pm  · 
2  · 
qingh(qing)

got my Berkeley rejection too

Mar 7, 24 12:15 am  · 
 · 
darknight1689

I feel like admission into Cal is so random and unpredictable, where they tend to value more factors than merits, achievements, experience, etc...

Mar 7, 24 1:28 am  · 
 · 
twinkybear

ugh its been quite the journey. guess i won't be in berkeley afterall </3. to everyone getting accepted, CELEBRATE!!!!!!! to all of those who have been receiving rejections, be proud of what you submitted! i'm sure all of you are so talented, don't let a lame letter define you. the world keeps spinning, and we keep going. best of luck to everyone in everything they do <3

Mar 6, 24 10:20 pm  · 
9  · 
watermelonsunday

Twinky, where will you be heading to?

Mar 6, 24 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
twinkybear

so far, USC is my best bet. hopefully i'll get some funding to go! how about yourself?

Mar 7, 24 12:19 am  · 
2  · 
fancydirt

Congratulations! It's an awesome program!

Mar 7, 24 12:49 am  · 
1  · 
twinkybear

any idea where you might go, fancy?!

Mar 7, 24 1:13 am  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

Congratulations! I might go to usc too!

Mar 7, 24 1:15 am  · 
2  · 
twinkybear

go trojans!!!!! +2 or +3?

Mar 7, 24 1:27 am  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

+2!

Mar 7, 24 2:22 am  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA which is really at the top of the list, so no decisions yet. At the moment it's between USC and Columbia. USC gave me a really generous funding package, so it's definitely in the running!

Mar 7, 24 11:50 am  · 
 · 
ma18

how did you receive your funding package for USC? I''m looking and can't seem to find where mine would be

Mar 7, 24 3:52 pm  · 
1  · 
twinkybear

@fancy love it! maybe we can still be in studio together at usc :)

Mar 7, 24 4:26 pm  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

@ma18 I received a scholarship which was listed on my acceptance letter in a dollar amount, as well as an offer to TA a course next year (it was called another term that I don't remember but basically a TA gig). The dollar amount was not listed for the graduate assistantship opportunity.

Mar 9, 24 1:34 am  · 
1  · 
eosoriocruz

Is anyone else waiting on Syracuse? I haven't gotten and email at all either if I got rejected or admitted lol

Mar 7, 24 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Stressed Architect

I got accepted in late February good luck

Mar 15, 24 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
ksvlkm
    • B Arch / big private school / 2021
    • internships each summer in undergrad at small/mid size firms and 3 years of work for a small arch firm
  • GPA/GRE/TOEFL 
    • 3.1/4
    • 2 from architecture studio profs (one GSD alum, one who taught at GSD GSAPP Berkeley etc), 1 from a film class prof 
  • Portfolio
    • 5 studio projects, some professional and 2-3  research projects

• Schools and Results (all M.Arch II or similar)
    • IN - Berkeley MSAD, Columbia GSAPP, SCI-Arc MSAT (unofficial acceptance so far+$)
    • OUT - GSD
    • PENDING - MIT (I didn’t get an interview so no expectations)
  • Tips
    • My application process was very chaotic - I spent several months redoing a project and finished it one day before the first deadline (GSD). Therefore I had one day for portfolio and essays
      Mar 7, 24 1:30 pm  · 
      1  · 
talhazulqarnain

Congratulations ! When did you recieve the update on GSAPP ? 

Mar 7, 24 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
ksvlkm

March 7, around noon EST

Mar 7, 24 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

after having absolutely no hope left, and planning the next few months to do summer programs + work on personal projects to try and apply for next year... I GOT INTO GSAPP LOL!!! no funding, no money, no anything... but I got in. honestly, im lowkey considering waiting it out so i could apply to more schools for next year and possibly get and offer with funding, but knowing my latino family and parents, theyre going to pressure me to not let this opportunity pass so I guess we´ll see how the heck we´ll be able to pay 30k a semester lol. anyways.... to everyone that got accepted: congratulations and celebrate!!!! to everyone still waiting results: trust me when i tell you you WILL get the results you want/deserve, wether that be this year or the next, im sure youll find your place!!

Mar 7, 24 1:47 pm  · 
9  · 
talhazulqarnain

Many congrats man! When did you receive the email for gsapp ? I have not recieved anything yet and portal seems to be stuck. I am dying in the grey lol!

Mar 7, 24 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
darknight1689

We're on the same boat Talhaz, it will either sink :( or will dock at the shore of GSAPP :)

Mar 7, 24 2:07 pm  · 
1  · 
lh11

thank you!! i got an email for a status update about 2 hours ago. best of luck to you both!

Mar 7, 24 2:10 pm  · 
1  · 
lh11

also, I applied to the AAD program!

Mar 7, 24 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

@darknight1689 Hope to see you at GSAPP, Wish both of us Luck ! Hope we both doc it !

Mar 7, 24 2:34 pm  · 
2  · 
xjy.xjy

@talhazulqarnain @darknight1689 add me to your boat. wishing all of us luck!

Mar 7, 24 4:51 pm  · 
2  · 
Jerry10

@xjy.xjy@talhazulqarnain@darknight1689 same for me

Mar 7, 24 4:54 pm  · 
1  · 
darknight1689

Finger cross ya'll! Lets hope we all move from being on the boat to be David Goggin carrying the boat instead.

Mar 7, 24 5:03 pm  · 
4  · 
talhazulqarnain

Any Update guys ?

Mar 9, 24 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
Zahir_al_Umar

I haven't received anything from Columbia yet

Mar 9, 24 6:44 pm  · 
1  · 
keepbuilding

I read your comment history, you graduated top of your class and they didn't give you scholarship?? damn GSAPP!! perhaps i shouldn't be so bitter that they didn't give me any funding.

Mar 11, 24 6:37 am  · 
 · 
lh11

lol i know! maybe it's the impostor syndrome in me but i honestly didnt think I would get in so that acceptance alone is enough. i saw a guy on instagram get a full ride and my work is nooowhere near close to his as in quality so im just happy to be considered. congrats on all of your acceptances btw! which schools are your top choices?

Mar 11, 24 8:27 am  · 
 · 
talhazulqarnain

Does anyone have an Idea why has GSAPP not updated yet ? Also any leads when SCI-Arc will share results ?

Mar 11, 24 8:46 am  · 
 · 
unknown000

Congrats for getting into GSAPP!! what course did you apply for?

Mar 18, 24 6:32 am  · 
1  · 
lh11

thank you!! i applied to the M.S. Advanced Architectural Design

Mar 18, 24 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
imrtns

Has anyone heard back from AA ?

Mar 7, 24 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Zacro

They send admits end of March.

Mar 11, 24 4:52 am  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

i got an offer in january

Mar 14, 24 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
noidea
    • BA - small liberal arts college / 2024
    • internships, summer arch studios programs, other jobs: TA, makerspace etc
  • GPA/GRE/TOEFL 
    • 4.0/no
    • 2 professors, 1 internship manager
  • Portfolio
    • academic, studio projects, misc/personal
  • Schools/ Results (M.Arch I):
    • In: GSD, Berkeley, Cornell, Penn, RISD
      Out: Yale
      Waiting: MIT, Princeton
  • Tips
    • make sure to carve out enough time for this!
Mar 7, 24 2:23 pm  · 
2  · 
darknight1689

We might bump into each other at Cornell or Penn, still waiting on GSAPP and MIT.

Mar 7, 24 2:26 pm  · 
1  · 
AristoTelecome

- Bachelor's degree in Architecture / - / 2020

- worked in an architecture firm for 4 years - number of incumbents about 900+ 

• GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

- 3.94/ nope / 112

- I received a letter of recommendation from my professor, one from the head of the department in architecture, and the other from the vice president of the architecture firm.

• Essay/Statement 

- I described the architectural methodology, what architecture can contribute to society, and what I can contribute to the university I applied to.

• Portfolio

- The projects I have included in my portfolio are as follows: - 4 individual works, 1 pavilion, 1 professional work - international competetion-winning work, 1 furniture design.

• Schools

-  MIT, UPenn, UMichigan, Columbia, Harvard, Cornell, Yale

• Results

- in : UMich / GSAPP / Cornell

- stiiiiil wait : MIT, GSD, Yale, UPenn

• Tips

- The connection between the portfolio and the SOP is very important. And it is a personal idea, but I think it is better to include works that take into account social issues such as global warming and housing issues rather than aesthetic works that simply consider design.

Mar 7, 24 6:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Albert Poopholes

Hello guys,

According to the letter which I got from UT Austin, it says

“we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission at this time. However, we would like to invite you to add yourself to our waitlist if interested.”

What does it mean? Basically I think I got rejected by the committee, but how can I add myself to waitlist pool? Could someone answer me plz. Besides, I think UT just accepts few students to their maad program. Is it worth to hear back from them about the decision?

Mar 7, 24 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
LizzieDArchie

my friend received this too. They are inviting you to the waitlist.

Mar 7, 24 10:11 pm  · 
1  · 
watermelonsunday

UCLA decisions are out!

Mar 8, 24 6:31 am  · 
1  · 
ar81

are you a MArch 1 applicant? I don't see anything in the portal

Mar 8, 24 10:06 am  · 
1  · 
watermelonsunday

yeah i’m MArch 1

Mar 8, 24 10:42 am  · 
 · 
recuerdos__de

@ar81 I am not seeing a portal update either.. No news is good news! (Until it isn't lol)

Mar 8, 24 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

Congratulations! I also got into ucla, do you know the class size of ucla, I am not sure about it haha

Mar 9, 24 8:52 am  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

not sure about class size… do u know anything about scholarships? my letter did not mention anything about funding… should i assume they’re not giving any, or it just hasn’t come out yet?

Mar 9, 24 11:13 am  · 
1  · 
qingh(qing)

Well, my offer says the scholarship and funding are separated and it will inform you latter( if you have) . I think it just hasn’t come out

Mar 10, 24 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
JoeyTheGiant

@2005bmw325i, qingh is correct. See my note below about the UCLA funding process.

Mar 11, 24 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

@qingh(qing) late reply, but just found out program statistics are available for ucla’s m.arch 1. it says for fall 2023, 35 students enrolled so i am assuming the class size is around 35-40 each year

Mar 23, 24 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

can princeton just come out already

Mar 8, 24 2:01 pm  · 
2  · 
Zahir_al_Umar

Came out for me right now, rejected

Mar 12, 24 4:37 pm  · 
LizzieDArchie

I got into the "intro to architecture" summer program at GSAPP! Nothing official, but it is a good backup to prepare for next year :)

Mar 8, 24 2:24 pm  · 
4  · 
Messy

For people who got into Berkeley M.Arch, does anyone have an update regarding scholarship? So far I have received the official offer letter with no mentioning of scholarship. Wondering if I didn’t get anything, or if Berkeley rarely does scholarship…

Does anyone also know the class size for Berkeley M.Arch? Quite curious…

Mar 9, 24 3:08 am  · 
 · 
ar81

haven't heard anything from them beyond the initial acceptance email

Mar 9, 24 9:48 am  · 
 · 
JoeyTheGiant

if they’re anything like UCLA — since they’re both in the UC system— I initially got accepted on March 4, 2020 but didn’t get a financial aid offer until late March, around the 20th, and then I got a scholarship and grant offer at the very end of March.… You will want to negotiate. Try to see if you can have the “Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition (PDST)” waived. If you have any leverage, you can try… Basically law school, Medicine, dentistry and the architecture program (and any other degree that’s considered a “professional degree“) will charge an obscene fee in addition to your tuition. At ucla, and in the UC it was something like $10k more per year. — ucla offered to waive it for me, but again in the end I chose UNCC, where the PDST for Architecture was only $800 per semester. 

Mar 9, 24 10:39 am  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

This is extremely helpful! I've actually been curious about negotiating financial offers and how to go about doing so...

Mar 9, 24 7:31 pm  · 
1  · 
JoeyTheGiant

fancydirt, You can totally negotiate once you have all your offers in place. As long as you do it with grace and humility you may end up in the situation I was in, with three full-ride offers and two full stipend offers. But it didn't happen right away. Feel free to DM/email me if you need more specific tips

Mar 11, 24 5:11 pm  · 
1  · 
lh11

what about if i only got accepted into one school without any funding/scholarships? is it worth negotiating?

Mar 11, 24 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
fancydirt

I would very much appreciate a convo about negotiating funding—I think I’m in a decent place to do so with a few programs.

Mar 11, 24 7:53 pm  · 
2  · 
darknight1689

@JoeyTheGiant, would you mind sharing your email so that I can DM you about negotiating for a scholarship? I was accepted to Cornell with 20% and student research positions.

Mar 12, 24 12:40 am  · 
 · 
JoeyTheGiant

@darknight, if you click on contact next to my name it will send an email directly to me..... @Ih11, unfortunately you don't have any leverage to negotiate, per se, but that doesn't mean you cannot try to appeal to their humanity. If you feel your life experience and struggle is compelling enough to merit more funding go for it. It does not hurt to ask. Be honest, let them know that without some assistance you won't likely be able to attend. Also ask if they can point you to any scholarship portals.. you should all know that UCLA has one of the most comprehensive scholarship portals I've ever seen. They link to thousands of outside scholarships for International Students, for Grad students for Art architecture, for race or heritage, for Germans, I mean it's crazy. People from other schools use this portal coz it list tons of resources not just for UCLA students... NOTE: most of the deadlines have likely passed, so you will likely incur some debt in your first year but you can then apply for funding (tons of scholarships) for your second and third years.

Mar 12, 24 10:25 am  · 
1  · 
lh11

even with no leverage its definetely worth a shot explaining my circumstances and being honest and upfront, thank you!

Mar 12, 24 11:27 am  · 
1  · 
sillystarfish

thanks for your thoughts on rice! I will be visiting houston soon. you seem to know a lot about the schools and process, what are ur thoughts on rice vs. princeton (and maybe gsapp and yale if I can negotiate more funding)

Mar 14, 24 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

UPenn AAD - in

Mar 11, 24 12:44 pm  · 
3  · 
holly72

I received admission to UMiami's M.Arch I program. Any thoughts on the program? I haven't been able to find much info about it.

Mar 11, 24 2:04 pm  · 
1  · 
lh11

i was thinking of applying if i didnt get into any of my other options. there isnt much info but one of my friends told me that its a really good school, however maybe a bit overpriced (but then again which schools arent overpriced these days lol) she also mentioned that the same good professors that teach there teach at FIU, which is less expensive, or smth like that. anyways, your best bet to see what the school/program is really about is to look them up on instagram and see for yourself if youre interested in their activities, projects, studios and student work showed!

Mar 11, 24 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
rinarina

BA in Biology concentration in Ecology and Environmental Science. Small California private Uni. 2022. 

Relevant professional experience

None. Worked in clinical lab sciences/fermentation for the past 2 years.

GPA/GRE/TOEFL 

3.53, all schools waived/did not require GRE

2 professional. 1 professor (did research with them for 2 years)

Essay/Statement

Felt cheesy but was fun to write. Wrote about the community/neighborhood I grew up in the city and the current effects of climate change it faces followed by solutions arch provides. Connected my background with the programs I applied to, showing how the two paired can help me get to my goals.  

Portfolio

Had a really hard time putting together a portfolio for my M.Arch 1 applications as they really had no guidelines and were open for interpretation. Was hard to find examples on issuu made by applicants w/out an arch background.

Had 4 sections. Section 1: 3x 3d models out of polymer mesh mimicking natural forms/waves etc. Section 2: 3d model of a mirador out of wooden dowels. Section 3: 7x photos of urban bouldering. Came up with the routes and took photos of a buddy climbing built spaces around SF. Talked about local arch + peoples interactions with built spaces. Section 4: 7x photos of the neighborhood I grew up in and wrote about in my SOP.

Schools

Cal Poly Pomona, Sci-Arc, USC

Results

Accepted: USC (w/ a 20% scholarship). 

Waiting: CPP and Sci-Arc (need to find my student portal login)

Advice

Trying to see how I can afford attending USC. If anyone has additional scholarships or recommendations, I'm open to almost anything and everything. Also curious to see if anyone's heard back from CPP or Sci-Arc for M.Arch1. 

Mar 11, 24 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
qingh(qing)

I received offer call from sciarc M.Arch1 before, but seems like official result haven't come out yet

Mar 11, 24 10:32 pm  · 
1  · 
fancydirt

Ohhh! I got a voice message from them on Friday, I sort of assumed it was an acceptance as opposed to a rejection phone call. I just checked the portal, it was updated with an admissions decision. No funding or sch olarship information though.

Mar 11, 24 11:15 pm  · 
1  · 
rinarina

Congrats and T
hanks for letting me know! Hopefly I see something soon. Will keep this updates!

Mar 12, 24 10:54 am  · 
 · 
rinarina

Got the call from Sci-Arc this morning. Got in w/ scholarship

Mar 12, 24 3:47 pm  · 
1  · 
recuerdos__de

Congratulations! Have you heard anything from CPP?

Mar 12, 24 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
rinarina

Thanks! And nothing yet from CPP

Mar 12, 24 8:49 pm  · 
1  · 
qingh(qing)

does anyone hear from CMU??? like mscd or MArch

Mar 12, 24 11:34 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

Anyone heard from Penn State ?

Mar 12, 24 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
llsb00

I've been waiting on CMU as well , no news yet.

Mar 13, 24 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
abee

Hi All, 

Has anyone heard anything from UC-Denver? I submitted about 12 weeks ago now and it's the last one I'm waiting on. I know it isn't super prestigious but it's my last shot rip

Mar 12, 24 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
zaroth

out @ princeton, received via email update in the last hour.

that's the last school i've been waiting on! congrats and best of luck everyone, likely running into a few of you some point in the future

anyone ends up deciding yale m.arch lmk or contact me!

Mar 12, 24 5:28 pm  · 
2  · 
lilahshwa

Hey. Just want to ask, if you are fine sharing the amount, how much did you receive for the scholarship from Yale? And what’s your program? I know they only offer financial base scholarship and I think I got a pretty good amount, but idk if I should still negotiate the amount…

Mar 17, 24 7:19 am  · 
 · 
zaroth

I'm actually still waiting on a financial aid letter, I'll let you know roughly when I find out. M.arch 1. I'll likely be negotiating with what I have from Rice and Columbia but not sure yet.

Mar 17, 24 4:24 pm  · 
1  · 
lilahshwa

I see. I just don’t know what’s the best way to negotiate their offer, since they only offer need-base scholarship/ or loan. I don’t know if I can actually use other school for leverage or I need to display some sort of special financial burden…

Mar 18, 24 10:36 am  · 
 · 
zaroth

Yeah I'm not really super familiar too, but arch professors who have given me some guidance to arch schools have made it clear how negotiating is normal and encouraged. the main turn off is feeling like you are asking too much or kind of testing your luck but I would try to avoid that mindset. I don't know the exact path toward negotiating and the formalities of a counter-offer but once I'll write again if I find out much. still waiting on financial aid from yale....

Mar 20, 24 11:53 pm  · 
1  · 
lilahshwa

Hi, everyone. 

I know it’s really early but I like staying on top of stuff (especially on finding a good housing) and I started to look at apartment units near the Yale School of Architecture. If anyone like me who already kinda of decided to attend YSoA and is on tight budget and won’t mind living with two cats (I would love to bring them with me), please let me know. I’ve already contacted few companies and have several units that might work. Please let me know, I will provide email so we can contact. FYI: I am 24F and incoming MArch II student. Thanks!!!

Mar 13, 24 12:46 pm  · 
2  · 
holly72

Has anyone heard from any canadian schools? UBC, UofT, Carleton?

Mar 13, 24 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
lh11

theres an acceptante to University of Toronto on grad cafe

Mar 14, 24 2:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: