Archinect
anchor

Software used in practices

PT001

Dear all,

I was wondering what drawing, modeling, and rendering software you use in your practices. In my case, AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, TwinMotion, and Adobe(s) comprise my toolset, but I was wondering if anyone use something different.

Thanks.

Aug 11, 23 2:36 pm
msparchitect

Revit, Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe, Enscape, Rhino (phasing out)

Aug 11, 23 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

What are you phasing Rhino into, pure Revit?

Aug 14, 23 11:30 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Sketchup, Rhino, FormZ (OG shout ou!).... and classic pen/paper.  Vray for renderings although I don't waste my time with realism anymore.

Software is easy-peasy stuff and does not take much time to learn.  It's a tool like any other and far too many are either quick to blame it (ie. revit can't do that) or assume that knowing what the teapot button does makes you a good architect.

Aug 11, 23 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

The key is understanding the advantages and limitations of the software you are using for the task at hand. For example, revit can do a lot of things, but there are some things that just work better or are faster in other software.

Aug 11, 23 5:24 pm  · 
2  · 
PT001

Totally agree with how tools don't make you a talented designer. I was wondering what software I would be expected to use in case I happened to move to a different firm.

Aug 14, 23 8:56 am  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

Skepticism of anything Autodesk tells you is a good thing also. The bulk of firms in my community are brainwashed into running 100% Revit for design/production and anything else is considered obsolete or artsy-fartsy.

Aug 14, 23 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

I dunno really, I've never had issues with using AutoCAD or Revit.

They're just tools.  It's all in how you use 'em. 

Aug 14, 23 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

Quickbooks, Harvest, Excel, Word, Outlook, Bluebeam, Revit, Adobe Creative Cloud (and most likely Enscape at some point)

Aug 14, 23 9:30 am  · 
 · 

Revit,AutoCAD, Enscape, Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, BIM360, ProCore

Aug 14, 23 10:03 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

Revit, Enscape, autocad if I have to but really dont wanna, Gimpshop, Microsoft Office suite

Aug 14, 23 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

#2 Lead Holder, Lettraset, Prismacolor, Prayers, and Midjourney 

Aug 14, 23 12:21 pm  · 
4  · 
natematt

Thoughts and Prayers for my project please.

Aug 14, 23 4:00 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Thoughts and Chairs is all I got.

Aug 14, 23 6:08 pm  · 
1  · 

Bots and Chairs?

Aug 14, 23 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Thots with hairs?

Aug 14, 23 6:41 pm  · 
1  · 
kenchiku

Revit, AutoCAD, sketchup, twin Motion, Adobe suite

Aug 14, 23 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: