Archinect
anchor

Architecture Twitter Meeting Spot

Today was the final straw, I’ve left Elon Musk’s Twitter for good. I’ve interacted with and met and become good friends with so many people on that website over the years, but it’s just gone way too far out of hand.

If you’re leaving it too here is a space to drop your handle! Or to bitch about whatever bullshit is happening over there. 

A few common ArchitectureTwitter themes:

1. Trads are bad, and refuse to understand the socioeconomic forces of building things. Also racist.

2. I can’t stop thinking about….(then post either a serious or a jokey architecture image)

3. Brutalism brutalism brutalism brutalism brutalism

4. Single point access housing blocks allow better apartments, and are becoming code compliant in progressive cities. Cross ventilation and cross-laminated timber are good, and Europeans manage to build it for ridiculously low $/SF compared to the US.

5. Bikes rock. Bike trails everywhere pls and while we’re at it make lifted trucks require a special license plus speed governors for all vehicles in dense urban environments.

So much to talk about in our field and I LOVE talking about us all and our work and passion of architecture! 

Aug 1, 23 7:50 am
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm definitely down for single access. I've been in some of these multi family megastrocities, walking down those endless horrible corridors, why the fuck are we doing this?

As for Twitter, I was 'X'd out long ago. Good. Facebook, meh, don't care. Threads is fun, but I'm trying to cultivate leftist content and get rid of image based content. That's what IG is for.

I've been trying to get a salon going in my hood. 

Aug 1, 23 8:32 am  · 
5  · 

I haven’t joined Threads or Bluesky or any alternatives yet. I don’t think I will. My mental health can’t deal with it.

Aug 1, 23 9:34 am  · 
 · 

I do really enjoy boysfirm and Dank Lloyd Wright on IG!

Aug 1, 23 9:34 am  · 
1  · 

Brutalism baby

Aug 1, 23 10:08 am  · 
6  · 
tduds

ok maybe i'll come back here.

Aug 1, 23 11:01 am  · 
3  · 

FYI tduds I'm banning Richard Balkins from this thread unless he reveals himself to be one of my twitter faves posting anonymously.

Aug 1, 23 11:38 am  · 
5  · 
Non Sequitur

SSTduds, just get back on the beer app.

Aug 1, 23 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

so Donna, no more Twitter arguments? That’s was like 90% of the reason why I opened that app… every month or so. 

Aug 1, 23 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

I did really, truly enjoy dunking on the classical statue profile pic guys constantly whining about how "we can't build beautiful things anymore" but I can't justify spending time there any more when the owner is completely horrible.

Aug 2, 23 10:49 am  · 
1  · 

If this was Twitter we'd have a gleeful day tweeting variations of the Peewee Herman = Rem Koolhaas meme that beta posted on TC that Richard took as serious https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Aug 3, 23 2:54 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Dottie Left Me For BIG

Duh

Aug 3, 23 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
amarchy
Hi DonnaSink! I followed you on Twitter. I also left the site after seeing the big X. End of an era. Sad.
Aug 3, 23 11:55 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: