Archinect
anchor

Address of Record

G4tor

Me (architect) and a bunch of my mates (non architects) were talking about our respective licenses. Apparently, all of my friends do not have to disclose their address while I, an architect, do.

My question is: why? 

Having your address out in the open to the public might invite stalking, vandalism from disgruntled employees, or whatever else I might have not thought of.

Of course, you can always rent a PO box so that you can have an alternate address of record but I'm not about to shell out additional money on a monthly basis when I am already making pennies. 

Jun 12, 23 1:37 am
Non Sequitur

paranoid much? Mine is listed with my office address and extension number. No personal info attached to license or arch directory. 

My sort of licenses do your mates have? 

Jun 12, 23 7:27 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

Physical therapist, nurse, and a cosmetologist

Jun 12, 23 11:13 am  · 
 · 

There you go trying to compare architects with medical professionals and cosmetologists again . . .

Jun 12, 23 3:38 pm  · 
1  · 
G4tor

You got me, I'm always going on about them medical professionals and cosmetologists...

Jun 12, 23 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

Don't we all though? Oh to be a cosmetologist.

Jun 12, 23 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Can I ask what jurisdiction you're in? Guessing by the first sentence you're probably in the UK or Aus/NZ. Either way, I don't think what you're describing is common, unless your work address and home address are the same. My licenses are tied to my office address, which is fairly typical in NA; this is public knowledge either way.

Jun 12, 23 9:29 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

California

Jun 12, 23 11:13 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

Search up any California architects and you'll find that most of them list home addresses

Jun 12, 23 11:23 am  · 
 · 

You can do that with nearly EVERY state. It's just not CA. 

Jun 12, 23 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

that's nice

Jun 12, 23 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

It's not an issue. I've never had any problems with it.  I mean it's easy to find my address in other ways.  

Jun 12, 23 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it may be easy to find, but the google maps still shows an empty lawn.

Jun 12, 23 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Actually my house is subterranean . . .

Pizza delivery is a problem though. 

Jun 12, 23 5:56 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

I use my office address, but it's not as if anyone who wanted to find my home address would have a very hard time of it.

Jun 12, 23 1:51 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: