Archinect
anchor

What is the recommended number of pages for a portfolio?

MAAK

Hi,

As I dive into the process of preparing my portfolio for job hunting, I am aware that opinions on this matter can vary greatly. However, I would like to gather insights specifically from recruiters and architects, particularly those involved in management positions. Could you please share your perspective on what would be considered too long for a portfolio? would be a 20 double pages (40 single pages) okay ?

I understand that there is no one-size-fits-all answer, as preferences and expectations can differ among individuals and organizations. Nevertheless, I believe it would be valuable to gather some general guidelines or common practices that are widely recognized in the industry.

Thanks in advance. 

May 15, 23 6:08 am
Non Sequitur

more than 5, less than 20. Total. No blank pages, no silly software skills graphs, no inspirational quotes, no self portraits. 

May 15, 23 7:10 am  · 
2  · 
gual

It depends a lot on the density of information, but I would also agree that a good starting point is 20 pages or less. I have quite a few pages (over 30) but I make each page about one thing and usually have only one image or diagram per page. Really, the question is: would an employer get a general idea of your skills if they spent three minutes skimming it?

May 15, 23 6:00 pm  · 
1  · 

definitely no more than 20, remember that for the initial you want to grab attention to get the interview. Have a teaser one and a main one, or one that does both at 10-15 pages 

May 15, 23 8:21 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: