Archinect
anchor

What has inspired you

go do it

Maybe we can start a new comment string on design inspiration using images. They could be architecture related or not, just any image that can kickstart the imagination.

Simple shapes are pleasing and I like how this is carried on to the window lintel  

https://www.recita.fr/

Apr 23, 23 10:49 pm

I get most of my inspiration from: 

Apr 24, 23 10:44 am  · 
3  · 
JonathanLivingston

Maroon Bells, Antelope Canyon, Deciduous forest guessing somewhere on the Appalachian range?

Apr 24, 23 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Maroon Bells! The one time I tripped on mushrooms was at the campground there, with friends. Couldn't have been a better place for it.

Apr 24, 23 1:58 pm  · 
2  · 

Same as Chad here. I’m half nature half Brutalist bbs.

Apr 24, 23 11:14 am  · 
3  · 
Wood Guy

Missing the last bus and walking 14 miles back to Belfort inspired me to pay closer attention to schedules ;-)

Apr 24, 23 11:27 am  · 
2  · 
x-jla

Natural and built stuff in harmony

Apr 24, 23 1:20 pm  · 
5  · 

That's really cool.

Apr 24, 23 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Where is that? Looks volcanic?

Apr 24, 23 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

It's the stairs to our office. ;) We work next to a volcano.  Don't worry, we're not supervillains.

Apr 24, 23 2:04 pm  · 
3  · 
x-jla

Its called Punta Pite in Chile by Teresa Moller…

Apr 24, 23 2:27 pm  · 
3  · 
pandahut

I will be honest. 80% of my inspiration no longer comes from architecture. Rarely am I moved by a starchitect masterpiece.

Rather, I'm motivated by culture, food, music, the great outdoors and more importantly, every day firms that can make something special out of seemingly nothing. Being resourceful is one of the most important, most untaught traits and skills to being a good architect.

In a fantastical way I like to approach a project as an archeological persona. Dig, dig, dig and get as much information you can and use your abilities to transcribe and improvise.

Getting outside as much as possible, off the computer, sketching and almost distancing myself from the profession has always paid off in multitudes. Sometimes we are so close to the fire we are getting burned without noticing it because we're filled with callus.

Apr 24, 23 7:05 pm  · 
10  · 

There’s not a damn thing wrong with this. I rarely read architecture books at this point.

Apr 24, 23 11:49 pm  · 
 · 

I'm with you panda. I've never been one to study past architectural works or do extensive case studies for inspiration beyond functional aspects of a building. Most of my best work has been an 'ah ha' type moments that occur while thinking or doing something completely removed from architecture. It's one of the reasons I typically have no idea about the architects that get discussed on this site.

Apr 27, 23 10:14 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I have a whole Tumblr of mine: atelier nobody inspirations

Apr 25, 23 4:00 am  · 
2  · 

That looks like some hippy stuff. ;)

Apr 25, 23 11:06 am  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Well, you know what they say about taking the boy out of the commune...

Apr 25, 23 6:53 pm  · 
1  · 
go do it

http://www.leonardkoren.com/lk...

Apr 26, 23 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
Kowski

I really love Paradowski Studio's interiors, especially the PURO Hotel in Krakow:

PURO Hotel - Paradowski Studio

Apr 30, 23 12:50 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Unfortunately these days from the PAY CZECH. Nothing else...

Apr 30, 23 6:41 pm  · 
go do it

Apr 30, 23 10:56 pm  · 
2  · 
go do it

The collaboration between the sculptor and YH2 Architects for his house is pretty sweet.

JACEK JARNUSZKIEWICZ 

I could see an architect borrow ideas from below or just build it in Singapore :)

unnamed.jpg

May 7, 23 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Great Clients

May 8, 23 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
kenchiku

Barragan is always a zap of inspo

May 12, 23 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

I like this stuff: https://studioongarato.com.au/...

May 14, 23 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

I like minamalist architecture and art. Below seems to fit.

May 18, 23 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

I'm a huge classical guitar fan and the way he arpeggiates the chords, in my opinion, detracts from the minimalist quality of Satie's piece. Arpeggios have their place but shouldn't be so frequent in this case. I will admit I am biased, however, as I grew up listening to Parkening's performance of Gymnopedie 1.

May 19, 23 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Something made of wood, or not made but it's decent.

May 18, 23 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
yumo***

My grandfather serves as a perpetual inspiration in my life. Approximately 70 years ago, he built his own house without any professional background in construction. The house was designed with remarkable coherence, ensuring that every element served a purpose. There was no superfluous "aesthetic" space, as each area of the house possessed a distinct function, be it creating a cozy atmosphere or fostering togetherness among its occupants and guests. 

Moreover, his skillset extended beyond the house itself. He built all the other buildings on the farm, showcasing his incredible handiness and a deep connection to both the land and the people surrounding him. With his keen eye for detail and ability to envision the larger picture, he went beyond merely fulfilling practical needs. His creations harmoniously integrated with the earth, maintaining a delicate balance between functionality and aesthetics.

My grandfather's ingenuity serves as a reminder that true craftsmanship transcends formal training. It is a testament to the power of passion, dedication, and the ability to see beauty and purpose in every aspect of life. His legacy continues to inspire me to approach my own endeavors with the same level of thoughtfulness and strive for harmony in everything I create.

May 19, 23 1:33 pm  · 
2  · 
go do it

yumo*** -

What a great gift your grandfather gave you and your last paragraph is inspirational on it's own. 

May 19, 23 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: