Archinect
anchor

Sheet Removal Tracking Standards

joerogan

I have a few questions in regards to removing sheets within a document set and any standards that require tracking them. For example, when removing sheets, is there a code/standard that requires them to be kept in the drawing list for purposes of tracking or is it more of a code of conduct to aid coordination? Additionally, would it be okay to assume not all sheets need to be tracked pre CD's, meaning any changes in the number, titles, etc. of sheets can be changed to one's content up until CD's? Thereafter, it would be ideal to label any removed sheets as omitted or removed from drawing set in the drawing list? I am curious to know the exact code/standard if it exists and what policies you adhere to. Thank you.

Feb 2, 23 12:53 pm
el_jeffe

it's all fun and games up until a contract is in place (in actuality up to the point documents are provided to obtain pricing), in which case you better be tracking all changes.

if you're regularly deleting whole sheets from a set of construction documents after a contract is in place, i'd suggest you may want to rethink your strategy for document production.

Feb 2, 23 1:03 pm  · 
1  · 
Bench

if you're regularly deleting whole sheets from a set of construction
documents after a contract is in place, i'd suggest you may want to
rethink your strategy for document production.

This. If your underlying documentation is set up really well, you should not be needing to delete sheets or change a sheet number because the underlying logic would have dictated that before it was even created. For context, we work on massive projects and have a very robust system of documentation that essentially tells us where any possible document would be named well before we have to get to that point.

Feb 2, 23 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I can't recall many, if any, examples of removing sheets later in the project. More frequently we're adding a bunch. In any case, we use a sheet index that lists every issue and an 'x' / blank to show which sheets are included in which set.

Feb 2, 23 3:05 pm  · 
1  · 

We do the same.  At most we "remove" the drawing from the sheet -  keep the name and callout, then put a not used over the drawing.  Once a sheet has been issued for CD's it stays.  

Feb 2, 23 3:17 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: