Archinect
anchor

NEED AN ADVICE FOR "HARVARD GSD" MARCH II APPLICATION ESSAYS

kayamu

I'm going to apply to Harvard GSD. I am open to any advice from those who have written essays on this or similar topics in the past years. Especially from Harvard students. The questions below :

ESSAY

Please tell us what you might contribute to the  GSD community. (300 words)

ESSAY OPTION A

Reflect upon an issue or idea of the importance that has shaped your perception of the discipline and/or profession of architecture.   (600 WORDS).

Nov 8, 21 5:42 pm
tduds

These are so open ended that they can be about literally anything that you're passionate about. Further, any advice about a topic from someone else would likely result in an impresonal essay, and the admissions committee will likely pick up on that lack of personal passion. 

The goal isn't to have a good answer, it's to demonstrate self-awareness and drive. What drives you?

Nov 8, 21 5:46 pm  · 
2  · 
RJ87

Pretty sure I just copy pasted a paragraph from my undergrad honors thesis then added an opening & closing sentence. My drive & passion at the time was drinking with my friends.

Nov 8, 21 5:54 pm  · 
2  · 
kayamu

I agree. I'm just curious about their new selection process. My friends from Harvard were also surprised about this selection process because there were not any essay options before.

Nov 8, 21 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: