Archinect
anchor

NEED AN ADVICE FOR "HARVARD GSD" MARCH II APPLICATION ESSAYS

kayamu

I'm going to apply to Harvard GSD. I am open to any advice from those who have written essays on this or similar topics in the past years. Especially from Harvard students. The questions below :

ESSAY

Please tell us what you might contribute to the  GSD community. (300 words)

ESSAY OPTION A

Reflect upon an issue or idea of the importance that has shaped your perception of the discipline and/or profession of architecture.   (600 WORDS).

Nov 8, 21 5:42 pm
tduds

These are so open ended that they can be about literally anything that you're passionate about. Further, any advice about a topic from someone else would likely result in an impresonal essay, and the admissions committee will likely pick up on that lack of personal passion. 

The goal isn't to have a good answer, it's to demonstrate self-awareness and drive. What drives you?

Nov 8, 21 5:46 pm  · 
2  · 
RJ87

Pretty sure I just copy pasted a paragraph from my undergrad honors thesis then added an opening & closing sentence. My drive & passion at the time was drinking with my friends.

Nov 8, 21 5:54 pm  · 
3  · 
kayamu

I agree. I'm just curious about their new selection process. My friends from Harvard were also surprised about this selection process because there were not any essay options before.

Nov 8, 21 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: