Archinect
anchor

Looking for advise about my first job

kaiwang1

Hello all. I'm an international student and recently received an offer. It's literally my first full-time job in my life and I have zero knowledge how this would be. Could you please share some experience with me, like some hidden rules (I don't know if this exists), "you'd better do" ways, or anything? 'Cause I truly have no working experience at all so whatever you share would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Jun 14, 21 7:29 pm
( o Y o )

clean underwear every day is important

Jun 14, 21 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
kaiwang1

Haha very funny

Jun 14, 21 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

It's fair to assume that you are in the US? 

Your employer will hopefully, because of the cost of sponsorship, have a plan on place for your on-boarding. Take notes, you will be overwhelmed, they expect that too. Take a breath, no one expects you to be God's gift, you've got a long time to learn, and a lot to boot. Focus y what you bring to the firm and focus on that first, your weaknesses will become illuminated, and then you can tackle those as well.

Jun 14, 21 8:56 pm  · 
5  · 
randomised

Logged in for the upvote alone!

Jun 15, 21 7:20 am  · 
 · 
kaiwang1

Thank you so much for the reply! Yes I'm in US. I feel like a little bit easier when you said I would definitely overwhelmed haha

Jun 14, 21 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

just expect to be overwhelmed and don't think that means you're doing anything wrong. it's actually an appropriate response to new situations and major learning.

Jun 15, 21 1:39 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: