Archinect
anchor

Best Office Standards/Documentation Guidelines

kx.rbz

Trying to learn which are some of the most organized firms in the United States - even if there are areas they can improve upon.

Does anyone here know of/have favorite highly organized firms which have strong office standards/documentation guidelines (and/or who operate very efficiently) - as well as additional resources which help staff quickly learn and implement best practices. Of course, it varies from firm to firm and between coasts. Simply want to learn of range.

May 28, 21 8:00 pm
midlander

i've never worked in such a place...

May 28, 21 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

haha. they are like unicorns, i know. key word being "most" or at least relative to the many unorganized firms out there.

May 28, 21 8:53 pm  · 
1  · 
RJ87

If you want it to “operate very efficiently”, you’re doing repeat project types with a mostly fixed set of details. Purely talking about efficiency you’re best served looking at firms that do repeat commercial work for big chain clients. Using a fixed set of details / design elements cuts down on hours. A portion of the profession will think of it as selling your soul but they make good money doing it.

May 28, 21 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

Any more perspectives, particularly firms. I've seen that Renzo Piano, Pie Cobb Freed, ZGF, BCJ for instance do good work and have good office standards. Some of these have a detail library, while others don't - for a variety of intentional reasons.

Jun 3, 21 10:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: