Archinect
anchor

UCalgary vs. Ryerson University for B.Arch?

Liz123

Hello!

I am an international student from Latin America. I got accepted as a transfer student to both Ucalgary and Ryerson. Bachelor of Arts major in urban studies for UCalg and Bachelor of Architectural Science at Ryerson. At the beginning I was thinking of Ryerson U however it is also important for me to have a secure job after I graduate and I think Calgary is better in that sense than Toronto. 

I want to know which program is better. At UCalgary I can still take a minor in Architecture, that is if I get accepted to the minor, but that would mean more academic years and I want to finish my degree as soon as possible since I am a transfer student with already 4 years in an architecture school in Latin America. 

I would REALLY appreciate some advice. 

Thank youu guys in advance! :D

May 8, 21 2:45 am
Non Sequitur

un undergrad degree in arch studies won’t get you very far since it’s unaccredited. Ditto that for a general arts degree like calgary. 

If you want the best chance at a job in Canada post undergrad, then RYU is the better choice. Not only is the GTA and Toronto a much larger place than calgary (or even the whole of Alberta), RYU has a reputation for pumping out decent production staff. 

Just note that you need an accredited masters degree in Canada to even start your arch internship hours.  

May 8, 21 12:00 pm  · 
1  · 
Liz123

Thank you so much! It really helped. I chose Ryerson. 

Jun 13, 21 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: