Archinect
anchor

UCalgary vs. Ryerson University for B.Arch?

Liz123

Hello!

I am an international student from Latin America. I got accepted as a transfer student to both Ucalgary and Ryerson. Bachelor of Arts major in urban studies for UCalg and Bachelor of Architectural Science at Ryerson. At the beginning I was thinking of Ryerson U however it is also important for me to have a secure job after I graduate and I think Calgary is better in that sense than Toronto. 

I want to know which program is better. At UCalgary I can still take a minor in Architecture, that is if I get accepted to the minor, but that would mean more academic years and I want to finish my degree as soon as possible since I am a transfer student with already 4 years in an architecture school in Latin America. 

I would REALLY appreciate some advice. 

Thank youu guys in advance! :D

May 8, 21 2:45 am
Non Sequitur

un undergrad degree in arch studies won’t get you very far since it’s unaccredited. Ditto that for a general arts degree like calgary. 

If you want the best chance at a job in Canada post undergrad, then RYU is the better choice. Not only is the GTA and Toronto a much larger place than calgary (or even the whole of Alberta), RYU has a reputation for pumping out decent production staff. 

Just note that you need an accredited masters degree in Canada to even start your arch internship hours.  

May 8, 21 12:00 pm  · 
1  · 
Liz123

Thank you so much! It really helped. I chose Ryerson. 

Jun 13, 21 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: