Archinect
anchor

Covid WFH condescending attitutes from JCs, PMs, PAs

zonker

over the last year of WFH, we have had to work longer harder hours, be on call at night and weekends. But along with that is increasing impatience of co-workers, PMs, PAs and JCs - people get fired easily if they argue and try and explain themselves - this isn't Amazon

Apr 6, 21 7:04 pm
Non Sequitur

not here. Wfh has allowed me great flexibility with tasks so now I organize my duties around my home life. No one is calling me demanding things ASAP because they know we’re all doing our own thing and as long as clients and emails get dealt with within a reasonable timeframe. 

Apr 6, 21 7:19 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

code, everywhere you go you seem to run into assholes. If only there was a pithy adage appropriate for the situation.

Apr 6, 21 7:28 pm  · 
2  · 
flatroof

Based on his history, Code/Xenakis is a troll account or a very sad man. Based on posting history, he is either at or pushing 70 as a low level designer. I would leave the bay area, move someplace cheap, get a part time job and collect social security and take it easy the rest of your life.

Apr 7, 21 11:17 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Plenty of firms hiring. 

Apr 6, 21 7:31 pm  · 
3  · 
zonker

Only one problem, every firm has at least one A**Hole, and that's the person I always get assigned to "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION PRIVATE PYLE?" WTF IS THIS? A JELLY DONUT?"

Apr 6, 21 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Well, CA is supposed to open up on 6/15 and then back to an actual office - WFH sucks, it brings out the worst in people - BTW, this wouldn't happen if it wasn't for the Governor Newsome recall drive 

Apr 6, 21 7:45 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

what?

Apr 6, 21 7:50 pm  · 
2  · 
zonker

IOW, most will be back in actual offices around June - 

Apr 6, 21 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm waiting for everyone to figure out ROWE now, and getting away from time.

Apr 7, 21 12:05 am  · 
 · 
randomised

No matter if you'd be working from home or from the office or even in a previous career, you're always complaining about your situation code. The only constant in all those situations is you, and the only one that can do anything about it is, well, you too...

Apr 7, 21 4:11 am  · 
 · 
square.

yeah, not in our office. have some boundaries- they won't be made for you.

Apr 7, 21 10:48 am  · 
1  · 

Working from home is hard when you need to collaborate on a project and the nature of the work is visual.  I found communication breaks down a bit when you are not in the office physically to look at sketches or to have a back and forth conversation. I find since the pandemic conversations become more dictation than dialogue.

Code i hope you write a book on your experiences, seems like you are the Dilbert of the architecture world.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Apr 7, 21 12:05 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: