Archinect
anchor

Any tips on how to negotiate scholarships with Grad programs

d.kk

Hi,

I received a scholarship from USC for the first year, however I was hoping to negotiate with them on giving it for all three years? How does one go about this? Do you email the architecture department or the graduate offices? 

Thank you!

Mar 21, 21 7:51 am
BulgarBlogger

what leverage do you have to negotiate?

Sep 14, 24 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

I would simply ask them. They may have a policy. 

Try one, and ask them to forward to the person who can answer if not them. Would make sense to write to the people who informed you of the scholarship in the first place, though it is also true that academia is not always the place where making sense is a priority. 

Either way, congrats on the scholarship. That is an achievement you should be proud of.

Sep 14, 24 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

what is the OP’s leverage. You can’t go wrong by asking but to use the OP’s words, in order to “negotiate” one must have leverage”

Sep 14, 24 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

You know this a three year old post right?

Sep 16, 24 10:43 am  · 
 · 

lol i didnt notice that. hah! Guess it all worked out.

Sep 16, 24 6:59 pm  · 
1  · 
OddArchitect

Well you replied to BulgarBlogger. By the laws of the internet BB is the one that replied to a three year old post. ;)

I'm just joking with you BulgarBlogger.  It's easy to miss the dates.  Gowd knows I've done it! :)

Sep 17, 24 9:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: