Archinect
anchor

Fire Separation

miguelcortez

Hi all, I'm new to this thread... I am in California and working on a commercial remodel of a store that sells food, in this case MC occupancy. The owner of the store wants to add living space above the commercial store. I believe I am to have min. of 1 hr fire rated separation at the ceiling floor assembly, Is this correct? I am using 2x12 floor joists spaced 16" o.c. I cant find an assembly that has a spacing of 16" o.c. that will give me the 1 hr min, rating. all assemblies I find are for 24" o.c..

Any input or help is greatly appreciated.

Mar 10, 21 12:19 pm
Non Sequitur

listed assemblies typicaly show the worst case (ie. smallest stud or widest joist spacing) so you should be able to determine compliance if using 405mm spacing instead of 610mm.  There should be something explaining this in the front-end docs of any UL assembly category.

Mar 10, 21 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

This is not that atypical. 

Look at USG's fire resistant assemblies catalogue guide, there are probably half a dozen in there. Then just look up the UL they list. 

Mar 10, 21 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: