Archinect
anchor

LEED AP and AIA Continuining Ed question!!

mgk2928

Hello, I have a question about continuing education courses when you are a LEED AP and registered architect. 

Between the two credentials, you would need 30 hrs for LEED in a 2 year span and (in NYS) 36 hrs in a 3 year span. This is... a lot. 

If you are taking continuing education course from a 3rd party vendor, can you send the same credit to both USGBC and AIA or is this considered double dipping and you actually do have to take 66hrs of courses?  

Jan 28, 21 3:14 pm
midlander

some but not all courses are credited by both organizations and so it's no problem. they're worth looking for. i'm pretty sure if you are self reporting the aia credits that's fine too as long as it meets the ordinary self reporting criteria.

i think they recognize education isn't a zero sum exercise - you haven't learned less just because it was useful for two different credits.

Jan 28, 21 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: