Archinect
anchor

RIBA/ARB Part 1 and Part 2 for overseas entrants

Vene_tion

Hi,

I assume this question has been asked before in some form or other. Though I couldn't find an clear answer that I could have my queries answered which is why I'm posting this.

I'm a professionally accredited architect from India and I'll be pursuing postgraduate studies in UK this September hopefully. I can't really get my head around the Part 1 and Part 2 system for architecture professionals aiming to work in UK as architects, despite researching the topic for months (or maybe I'm stupid to not understand it).

What exactly does gaining Part 1 qualification implies? That you give the Part 1 examination and pass it? Or is there a way to get an exemption because I recall some courses mentioning statements for Part 2 PG courses that the applicant needs to gain Part 1 exemption; the word 'exemption' is confusing me, like can I gain Part 1 without sitting for the Part 1 exam?

Secondly, is it so that doing a one-year PG such as in Architectural Design MA wont qualify you for Part 2? As in, to get Part 2 does one need to enroll in Part 2 PG course as the only way?

I've been stumbled on this confusion for a long enough time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 10, 21 11:48 am
luvu

" the word 'exemption' is confusing me, like can I gain Part 1 without sitting for the Part 1 exam? "

No , you need to sit for part I exam. Basically,  if you had completed a course in an accredited school in the UK , you'd have been exempted from the ARB exam.

It took me 30 seconds to locate this link :

https://arb.org.uk/architect-i...

Jan 10, 21 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Vene_tion

Thanks.

In my defense, as I said, I was confused slightly and needed clarification.

Jan 12, 21 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: