Archinect
anchor

Revit Wall Tags

BulgarBlogger

Anyone know how you can automatically center Revit wall tags in walls and also a certain distance away from the wall face?

Jan 5, 21 8:36 am
Non Sequitur

Good questions.  This is something I attempted to do earlier in the pandemic shutdown but found very little flexibility with customizing how the leader interacted with the wall family.  I specifically wanted to set a input category that would set the tag X distance from the either int or ext face of a wall... but never found out how.  Maybe there is a way, but if so, I've not found it yet.  I think we need the option to customize leaders beyond just picking the head type.

In the end, I decided that as an office standard, it was best to force the user to manually position the wall tag so that it makes them think why and where the info goes (something we struggle with many staff in the office).  I don't like auto tagging anything, personally.

Jan 5, 21 8:48 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

Is this not the setting for the length of the tag?

Jan 5, 21 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It is if you use attached end, but then you're stuck with whatever default position revit picks which rarely works with the rest of the annotations.

Jan 5, 21 10:41 am  · 
1  · 

This is a tough one.  We just tag walls with a 'free end' and manually adjust it's location.  Sucks I know but it always seems like something is in the way of the tag so we move it anyways.  

Jan 5, 21 12:47 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: