Archinect
anchor

European with a British education in architecture (part 1/2 and potential 3) how does Brexit and MRPQ affect me?

anabelgk

So with the new Brexit deal not recognising British architects to work in Europe without a conversion I am concerned that I may not be able to work in Spain (my home country) without having to take an exam etc? 

I was considering gaining my Part 3 in the UK, but after Brexit I don't see much of a point isolating potential work across Europe. I am currently a part 2 and want to work in Europe and wanted to know if my UK education will not be recognised to work as an assistant role? Can I even register in Spain? or do I know have to do a conversion? And if I do eventually register that allows me access to register all over Europe?

I have so many questions in general about this issue as I am sure many do. But if some clarity would be great!

Dec 27, 20 1:00 pm
apscoradiales

As a citizen of Spain, you are permitted to work in Spain and other EU member countries. However, you will not be able to legally practice architecture, so is my understanding, without passing exams in Spain or any other EU country. Same with other professionals such as nurses and doctors - according to the BBC as of this morning.

I think you will have to wait until the dust settles, Organisations as well individuals will have to wait to find out the full impact of the Brexit agreement.

Dec 27, 20 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: