Archinect
anchor

MArch or MSc in the UK after 5 year B Arch from India??

amrithathomas

I am a 2019 BArch graduate and I have a one year experience after the course. And I want to work as an Architect in the UK.

I've been told from a source that BArch degree in India will be eligible for a RIBA part 2 accreditation since it's already a 5 year course. But another source informed me that BArch in India even if it's a 5 year course will only give you a RIBA part 1 and that you need to learn a MArch RIBA part 2 course from UK to get a RIBA part 2 accreditation. 

Can anyone help me regarding this doubt? Whether I should do an MArch RIBA part 2 course for 2 years or can I just do a 1 year MSc course now since I am already qualified for my part 2 exams with my 5 year degree? Which is true??

Dec 23, 20 3:40 am
sashankps

Idk what your source is, but, B.Arch in India does not give you anything in the UK. You can technically join a Part II course, but the catch is that you need to clear the Part I ARB exam before you finish your Part II masters. More information can be found at https://arb.org.uk/

The real question is - Do you want to work as a registered architect in the UK? if yes, then ARB exams are the only way to make up for not having a part I. 
If you want to work in an architectural office as a designer or architectural assistant that doesn't necessarily need you to be registered, then you can go for the one year MA/MSc courses. 

Don't take my word for this. I'm just sharing what I know. The ARB exams aren't cheap. Make sure it's worth the effort. Also, keep in mind your eligibility to work in the UK with an Indian Passport - why would someone hire a guy from India (who needs to be sponsored a work visa) when they can just hire any British/EU* citizen without any additional paperwork. 

Jan 14, 21 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: