Archinect
anchor

Freelancing

sotolacolina
How can I get freelancing gigs as an architecture student? I want to render in Revit, or do floorplans.. maybe some product designs and whatever creative to earn some extra money.

Dec 6, 20 3:34 pm
Jay1122

render in Revit. giggling. Shouldn't you try to find internships. And I doubt anyone will hire students as freelancer. They can't even do a proper stair detail most of the time.

Dec 6, 20 3:48 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

We render in Revit all the time. Renderings as a byproduct of a standard workflow as opposed to a consultant line item in your reimbursibles is a good way to make a client happy, use the renderings to inform your design, and get paid for it.

Dec 6, 20 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
Jay1122

I know its done in house for cheap and fast feedback, I think Enscape is the best for it. Very Very unlikely done by a paid freelancer. I think its mostly Vray or Lumion. You charge a couple hundred dollars at least per image. Revit render can't sell that much. If you want extra $$ for freelance, rendering is the best option if you ask me. The rest requires you to have architecture practice experience.

Dec 6, 20 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Jaetten

If you want to do freelance renders as a student your need to be bloody good at it! Have you examples?

Dec 7, 20 5:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: