Archinect
anchor

New practice software advice - Archicad and Cinema4D

bugaluu

I'm working towards starting my own practice based in Europe, one person or smaller size for the foresable future. I've decided to go for Archicad instead of Revit for financial reasons. High quality visuals will be a priority, and I know most people use 3ds Max. As I understand, Cinema4D has better compatibility with Archicad, and the added benefit of being cheaper, so I'm inclinded to start learning it (previously I used Rhino and Vray). Does anyone have experience and thoughts about using both programs? Is Cinema4D limited compared to 3dsMax in terms of resources and capabilites in architectural visualisation?

Nov 14, 20 12:26 pm
apscoradiales

Just make sure your consultants can work in the applications you use before buying or learning any programme.

Nov 14, 20 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

this is the first time in 15 years I've seen cinema4D mentioned. Thanks for making me feel old.

Nov 14, 20 3:32 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Isn’t the native Cinerender of Archicad good enough for what you want? No need to purchase extra software and it is based on C4D.

Nov 14, 20 3:59 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: