Archinect
anchor

contour lines

sisilyum

I am freshman student in Architecture. I have to do site model of somewhere which we are working on. I am not sure about if i draw contour lines correct or not. I need someone to check it. And then i am gonna start to modeling it. Please someone can help me?

Oct 30, 20 1:06 pm
Non Sequitur

That's a relief... for a second there I thought your prof had asked you to model a site unrelated to your project.  That would be a waste of time.

Oct 30, 20 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Looks good to me.

Oct 30, 20 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

north is up

Oct 30, 20 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Advice, your instructor has office hours so you can ask these questions and more. And having written the assignment they will know what the desired outcome of excise, so again more reason to ask them...

Oct 30, 20 5:43 pm  · 
 · 

Your welcome...

Oct 30, 20 6:36 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Long before I went into architecture, I did a lot of backpacking and climbing, using USGS maps, so I was genuinely surprised to discover later that not everyone had learned this as children.

Oct 30, 20 6:40 pm  · 
4  · 

Boy Scouts for me, but same idea.

Oct 30, 20 6:41 pm  · 
1  · 

We had a second or third year landscape architecture course in my curriculum that was required for architecture students. One of the activities to help reinforce the understanding of contour lines was to draw one foot interval contour lines around campus on the sidewalks, drives, etc. with sidewalk chalk. The group I was in was told to draw the contours near a planter. So we started by laying out the horizontal lines one foot apart on the vertical wall of the planter, which made it really simple to see where they would fall as the planter hit the sloping sidewalk. As we were finishing up, some guy who thought he was all smart started making fun of us for drawing the lines on the vertical wall because "that's not how contour lines work" or something like that. The professor overheard and said, "no, that's exactly how contour lines work." The image above reinforces that.

Oct 30, 20 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: