Archinect
anchor

Easiest and hardest to become a licensed architect in Europe

Luccajp1069

I am a graduate from USA. I have already done a bachelor's degree in USA. I also have Italian citizenship. So the legal status shouldn't be a problem. I would like to move to Europe, and I undoubtedly want to work there. Although I need some information about the countries before going there. Especially where the process of becoming a licensed architect is much easier than in other countries. Thanks

Oct 14, 20 3:56 pm
Non Sequitur

how much research have you done so far before asking anonymous wankers online to make adult decisions for you?  Perhaps we should direct you to an easier forum instead.  Have you considered yahoo answers?

Oct 14, 20 4:52 pm  · 
1  · 
apscoradiales

There is a EU web site that explains steps for professionals when they move around. I don't have the time to look for it; google it.

Also, contact https://www.assoarchitetti.it/...

Oct 15, 20 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

you've already done more work than the OP.

Oct 15, 20 9:48 am  · 
 · 
Luccajp1069

Thanks apscoradiales!!! And "Non Sequitur" stop being such a hater. Did anybody here hurt your feelings or what?

Oct 15, 20 1:45 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

^stop being lazy Lucca

Oct 15, 20 1:46 pm  · 
2  · 
apscoradiales

More info...

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/si...

It's my understanding that a registered professional in one EU country can simply waltz to another EU country, and start working - language issues notwithstanding, as well as technical aspects. For example, building technology in Greece is considerably different from Austria. Southern Italy is similar to Greece, and norther Italy is not all that different from Austria or southern Germany.

There may be some restriction for architects from Bulgaria or Romania if they want to practice in Germany, but I'm not sure.

Tell you one thing; it's a helluva lot simpler and easier, and much better than if you're from Nova Scotia and want to practice your art in BC. Even medical insurances, prescriptions and drivers licences are a breeze compared to Canada or even USA. For example, medical insurance in Italy will cover you in Hungary if you get sick or break a leg. Try that in Canada, LOL! Never mind US.

As with building technology, Europeans are light years ahead of anything in North America. It's really a fucking joke here, pardon my French. Take a course or two in Austria or Germany to learn about building technology. What they teach here is utter garbage and nonsense.

Oct 15, 20 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

you don’t need license in Georgia:) but who knows whether it is Europe or Asia:)

Oct 20, 20 3:21 am  · 
 · 
randomised

As they participate in the Eurovision song contest, they're European by default!

Oct 20, 20 3:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: