Archinect
anchor

I can't draw ghost people

RValu100

I'll admit it... I can't draw ghost people. Not in elevations, plans, or anything. All my ghost people squiggles come out looking like giant frogs. Is there a support group for people who can't draw these?

Oct 8, 20 6:51 am
randomised

you could try the enginerect forum...

Oct 8, 20 7:14 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

one motion, starting bottom left moving clockwise.

Oct 8, 20 7:18 am  · 
 · 

Right-handed or left-handed? Do you start on the bottom right and move counter-clockwise if using the other hand?

Oct 8, 20 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Trace them.

For extra fun, trace them from well-known art, preferably nudes.

Oct 8, 20 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

think of it less like “drawing” and more like signing a signature...in other words keep the pen on the paper and make the character in one continuous motion...once you get it, it’s easy.   

Oct 8, 20 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

This... basically it's a bloated stick figure. My signature one is a oval head and just sharp angular lines in a body shape outline below. Nothing fancy... just down and dirty to add scale to the section or elevation.

Oct 8, 20 4:11 pm  · 
 · 

Start out by tracing photo of actual people.  Keep a sheet of paper with various photos of people in different poses (standing, silting, leaning, ect).  Have each of these group of poses at various drawing scales you use a lot,   From there you'll learn how to do it quickly and they will look good.  

Good Luck! 

Oct 8, 20 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
proto

i believe this is the last section of ARE 5.0

Oct 8, 20 1:52 pm  · 
2  · 

Nah, they got rid of the vignettes. 

ARE 5.0 question would ask you to place the figure in the correct place on a drawing as if it were summer in Atlanta or something like that and give you a bunch of superfluous details in some reference material about Atlanta's climate. 

The correct answer would be to move the project location to Detroit because on one page of the reference material it noted that the figure was a Red Wings fan.

Oct 8, 20 2:00 pm  · 
3  · 

I'd put the scale figure in the toilet then . . .

Oct 8, 20 2:03 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

sketch the squid

Oct 8, 20 2:19 pm  · 
2  · 
tduds

This thread is distressingly devoid of illustrations.

Oct 8, 20 2:10 pm  · 
2  · 

You first.

Oct 8, 20 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Georgianna Okuneva

Try instead camera!! https://www.gimbalinsider.com/

Mar 23, 21 2:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Who draws people on floor plans?  That practice is best left to the CSI folks.

Oct 8, 20 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Over the summer I had to make a bunch of "Post-COVID" space plans with 6' bubbles, and figuring out a good 'top view' person was actually kinda fun.

Oct 8, 20 2:53 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Nice. Now that I think about it, we had something similar a few years back while designing a large gym facility. We had to coordinate ceiling anchors for those aerial yoga hoop things that hang from the ceiling so we had a drawing with a bunch of top down people c/w ring and "this is where I'll swing and knock over my neighbour" circles.

Oct 8, 20 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Back in the days of PAD (pencil aided design), whenever I'd draw a large floor plan, I'd put someone sitting on one of the water closets somewhere, just to keep my job captain on her toes...

Mar 23, 21 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ghost person (drawn on page of latest Architect mag)

Oct 8, 20 10:47 pm  · 
2  · 
liberty bell

Here’s another style.

Oct 8, 20 10:48 pm  · 
1  · 
liberty bell

And a third, but I didn’t have the phone held at the right place to see the lines.

Oct 8, 20 10:50 pm  · 
2  · 
JLC-1

“The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Draw Ghost People really Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too”

Oct 10, 20 4:27 pm  · 
2  · 
awaiting_deletion

0:29?

Oct 11, 20 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
RValu100

Ghost people are attracted to buildings with a lot of phenomenal transparency. That's why a building by Le Corbusier is great for a seance. On the other hand, the Parthenon is ghost-free, despite the fact that it has been around forever.

Oct 13, 20 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jumping in here for Non Seq: “Actually all buildings are ghost-free.”

Oct 14, 20 8:01 am  · 
1  · 

I actually specify at least one ghost per 35,000 sf be provided by the contractor.

Oct 14, 20 9:51 am  · 
 · 

Chad. Contractors haunt EVERY building. My current home is haunted by the decision to not replace the main water line, so it's still galvanized and very low water pressure. The janky tile installation in a 3-year-old restaurant restroom haunts me every time I go in.

Oct 14, 20 9:56 am  · 
1  · 

You need to get a young priest, and old priest, and some holy water.

Oct 14, 20 10:01 am  · 
 · 
RValu100

This is in comparison with vampires, whose color is non-photo blue. The next time you go to an art supply store, ask where the non-photo blue pencils are. You will be ushered into a back room adorned with Charrette logos. 

Oct 14, 20 10:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have a non-photo blue pencil right here on my desk. Are you saying I'm a vampire?

Oct 14, 20 10:14 am  · 
 · 
RValu100

Pretty much, yes.

Oct 15, 20 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: