Archinect
anchor

Advice for Architecture

rodriguezj4232

Hello, I’m a student at UC Berkeley and I just started my major in architecture. I was wondering if any of you had advice on how to land a good job after graduation or how to grow connections. Currently I’ve gone to several job information sessions such as with O’Neil and Turner. I am planing to get a M.Arch and MBA later in my career. 

Oct 4, 20 5:27 pm
Non Sequitur

How to land a good job after graduation is simple, just have reasonable expectations of what we do in an architecture office.  Don't go in thinking you'll be a grand thinker or else you'll just end up disappointed and jaded. Go in with a healthy mix of creative thinking skills and a good understanding of building systems and you'll be fine.  

Oct 4, 20 6:09 pm  · 
4  · 
apscoradiales

Start making contacts at local architectural firms.

Tell them you are not necessarily looking for a job now, but ask them if they see any openings coming up in the future, and what skill(s) will they will be looking for.

Oct 4, 20 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: