Archinect
anchor

Can I do Part 1 year out abroad then return to UK for Part 2?

rhian

Hi all. I am currently in final year of my RIBA Part 1 accredited BSc(Hons) Architecture degree so need to consider some options.

I've seen most Part 2 UK degrees ask for a year of experience in practice first - would I be allowed to do this year out anywhere in the world and then return, or would I need to stick to the UK seeing as I'm thinking of doing my Part 2 here?

Another option I'm considering is studying a Part 2 equivalent degree abroad. Would that make it difficult to then return to the UK to work? Is it a case of, as long as I do my Part 3 in the UK I'm safe - or would I need to sit some ARB exam here in the UK to "convert" my abroad Part 2 to be RIBA accredited before even thinking of doing the Part 3 here?

I know there's information around but I can't seem to find anything to answer these specifically.

Thank you for any help!

Sep 24, 20 4:45 pm
Jaetten

Have a look at EU Directive 2005/36/EC if you intend to study in the EU. It’ll tell you all you need to know for European architecture education. 

Oct 3, 20 8:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: