Archinect
anchor

curriculum vitae . application . gsd's mup program

marina_

hi all, 

i'm an architect and urbanist from brazil, currently living in new york and interning at the united nations human settlements program. nice to meet you all! :)

i'm planning to apply for a few masters in planning programs this fall — harvard gsd, mit dusp, columbia gsapp, and uc berkley.

however, i have a question regarding my cv structure. my headings are: education, work experience, volunteer work, publications + presentations, awards, skills (in this order).

now i'm thinking if would be better to have publications + presentations right after education and then work experience... 

what do you all think? any advice?

Aug 31, 20 12:39 pm
Dangermouse

it matters not a whit.

good luck

Aug 31, 20 1:18 pm  · 
1  · 
SpontaneousCombustion

I agree it doesn't make any difference.

If you want to be very traditional/formally correct about it, in the US the "must-have" cv categories/headings are, in this order: 

Education

Honors and Awards

Professional Experience [meaning employment]

Publications and Presentations

Extracurricular and Volunteer Experience

Other optional categories that may or may not apply to you, which you can intersperse anywhere they make sense to you, are:

Certifications and Licensure

Professional Affiliations

Professional Activities [meaning posts held or activities related to professional organizations and your field, but not including employment]

Research

Interests

Additional Qualifications

Aug 31, 20 3:11 pm  · 
1  · 
autofireunit

doesn't matter at all.

My only advice is to never "rate yourself" with stars or percentage bars.

rhino, cad, ps....etc. People need to stop doing that.

Sep 1, 20 7:26 pm  · 
2  · 
SpontaneousCombustion

That's a bad resume trend. A cv should never have any graphics.

Sep 1, 20 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
KingGizzard

I agree 100%, it never looks good in my opinion and ends up looking a bit cheap

Sep 2, 20 3:51 am  · 
 · 
ODMA

Yes! Can this be printed on every architecture school everywhere so everyone can be made aware of it!

Photoshop ****
Autocad ***
Word *

WHAT?

Sep 3, 20 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: