Archinect
anchor

Switzerland – master's degree required or no?

mmaa

Hey guys! Question regarding accreditation in Switzerland. I have a bachelor's degree in architecture (from Sweden) and have a few interviews lined up for internships in the Zurich area. The plan is to do that for a year or two, and then go back to university and do a master's degree.

My question is – do I have to do the master's degree after I complete the internship? Or can I instead "work my way" toward becoming an accredited architect? (With an initial lower salary of course.)

I know this is possible in Sweden, where firms sometimes hire students after their bachelor's degree and they proceed to steadily work their way towards more responsibility etc. Of course in other countries, like the UK or US, this isn't possible because the title is so highly regulated. What's the case in CH?

(I guess it also depends on what kind of architect you want to be? I am not interested in being a project manager or the like – much more interested in the design aspect.)

Super grateful for any advice! Thank you!

May 12, 20 12:00 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: