Archinect
anchor

I need critique on my industrial design.

archKash

Ok so I am studying business for my undergraduate degree and I taught myself industrial design because that is what I love. I picked up Rhino and V-Ray and Ive designed many of products for competitions and for clients: Aiden-kashi.com

I really want to win awards because I don't have a degree in Industrial Design. I already won a few, but the deadline for the Red Dot Concept Design award is coming up soon. I designed this smoke detector for fun and was wondering if it is worth submitting. Or, if I should change something about the design. I am asking because it costs a few hundred dollars to submit a design for the Red Dot and if it doesn't stand a chance, I will just save that money. 

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mix...

Apr 24, 20 3:54 pm
archanonymous

Critique: Industrial design is wasteful and pointless. There are already a half-dozen smoke detectors out there that do what this does. Is it technologically superior (new method of detecting smoke?) or just a fancy skin on the same old thing?

... at least it isn't a chair though.

Apr 24, 20 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
archKash

​The idea is that its a wifi smoke detector that connects to your phone. You would be alerted of smoke/co from anywhere.. Low battery.. faulty sensor... easier to conduct tests. There are only two companies that offer this and they both price their devices over $120. But Red Dot is a design award

Apr 24, 20 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Be prepared to fight the security monitoring companies and the code writers.

Apr 24, 20 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: