Archinect
anchor

COVID 19 Lay-Off thread Australia

Boy Division

Hi Archinect

I know there's already been a thread about this , but I thought it'd be a good idea for people outside the US to share their circumstance.

Yep , I'm one of those unlucky ones, I'll start

Firm : 100 staff, Education, Health , Public realm

Lay-off : 20 (so-far), pay cut and other measures are put in place for the remaining staff.

Please keep the thread going, so we all know how bad things are over here.

Over and out.

Apr 16, 20 10:26 pm
Non Sequitur

What direction does the water in your toilet flow?

Apr 16, 20 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
Boy Division

it's a myth / same direction as yours

Apr 17, 20 1:56 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Non is from Canada, water in toilets are a dream.

Apr 17, 20 6:20 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

We have water in our toilets, silly, it’s just frozen 90% of the time.

Apr 17, 20 6:38 am  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

^truth

Apr 17, 20 6:50 am  · 
 · 
Thornton

This is not entirely a myth. The water really does spin clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, but only in ideal laboratory conditions and not near the equator.

Apr 17, 20 8:19 am  · 
 · 
lobbyvic

Hi divoc

We are an international group of architectural workers (architecture-lobby.org) with a chapter in your area. 

We have a solidarity network for workers offering/needing support during COVID: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3nDLM4MfyUyjXPSdOKOEtyFlJ6lgh_ZYu65f9_23sVgp4FA/viewform

And an anonymous, public spreadsheet where workers can enter information about their firms, to keep them transparent and accountable: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPosQ9FaFb20Djxmkk0I2kcPk2JyIUscz9Se8h-dmrZ-0udA/viewform

Feel free to get in touch if you want to chat  [email protected]

Cheers,

Frank

Apr 19, 20 7:49 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: