Archinect
anchor

Tips for finding a job in the Toronto region

ArchiTecht132

Hello,

I am looking for a job as an architectural technologist. I have moved to Canada several years ago from Abu Dhabi, UAE where I worked as a site architect. I have worked in the GTA for 2 years at a small yet growing firm. I don't have an OAA or CACB  yet, but I am working on them. Do you have any tips for me to find a job as an architectural technologist in Toronto? And perhaps any advice on how can I get back to working as an architect in the fast way possible ?

Apr 16, 20 5:44 pm
Non Sequitur

first thing is, you are not an architect under Canadian law unless you can establish reciprocity. It’s a long and expensive process and you need extensive existing experience. Therefore, your best option is as arch tech. The problem is there are plenty of fresh college grads in this area so there is competition for entry level gigs. 

If you want to be an architect in Canada, complete the RAIC syllabus or go to university for an M.Arch unless the CACB application is successful. There are no shortcuts. Arch tech is a suitable path in your situation and you can consider a local tech college and pursue a BCIN so you can offer indépendant design services. 

Apr 16, 20 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: