Archinect
anchor

Apartment complex in Japan

apricot

I am trying to remember the name of a housing compound in Japan. I forgot which city it is in and which architect built it. I remember the apartment is six stories with shops on the ground floor and it might be gated. The architect is a famous foreign architect. It should be considered modernist housing

Feb 19, 20 7:08 am
Non Sequitur

research is hard. Better just drop this in a forum and hope someone else will do the work for me.  

Feb 19, 20 7:30 am  · 
 · 
apricot

I knew it's somewhere at the back of my mind but I couldn't remember what it was. The future is uncertain so I've dedicated my life to chasing memories. I actually answered my own question with google search it's VOID SPACE/HINGED SPACE HOUSING by Steven Holl

Feb 19, 20 7:35 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Maybe find a new hobby.

Feb 19, 20 7:42 am  · 
 · 
midlander

Not exactly nice, but interesting looking. Definitely of the playful modern style that became popular 15 years later. what are you going to do with this memory?

Feb 19, 20 8:46 am  · 
 · 
apricot

The building is also kinda reminiscent of Seaside Hybrid Building. I have never seen this building in person but it already has a dreamlike effect on me on par with the narratives of long term memories encoded in my dreams such as the physical spaces of my preschool

Feb 19, 20 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

i could bore you for hours with musings on all the buildings i visit in dreams. fascinating topic. your preschool must have been very institutional.

Feb 20, 20 9:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: