Archinect
anchor

Filipino Architecture graduate licensure in US/or Europe

Axa1998

Hi, I recently graduated (2019) in the Philippines. It is a requirement for Architecture licensure examination in PH have a 2 years diversified experience signed by a registered. But I am planning to work as a Junior Architect in Eu/US to gain experience. Is it possible to take Architecture licensure exam in Eu/US, even if I graduated in Philippines and still haven't taken any master's degree? Thanks.

Feb 5, 20 5:33 pm
Non Sequitur

answer ranges from a big fat “no” to “maybe but unlikely” 

Education standards and license reqs vary greatly between countries. It is best you take a few minutes and familiarize yourself with the local rules in each jurisdiction you want to work  

Feb 6, 20 7:53 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

"Is it possible to take Architecture licensure exam in Eu/US, even if I graduated in Philippines and still haven't taken any master's degree? Thanks."

the direct answer to this question is NO. 

look at the information here https://www.ncarb.org/get-licensed/foreign-applicants/licensed

Feb 6, 20 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Archlandia
It may be possible if you test in NY, Wisconsin, California or Washington. There may be others but that’s what’s coming to mind at the moment. Check the requirements for each state, but some states (like Washington) don’t even require that you have had any formal education in architecture, just work experience. I can tell you right now that it is going to be a huge pain in the ass to accomplish this so you’ll need to be very motivated and possibly put tons of time into working in the states and researching how to jump through all of the hoops set up to ensure that any bum can’t just come in and get licensed. It’s set up to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. Start emailing the state boards I mentioned and see what they say. With this said some states, even if you hold an ncarb certificate, will not allow for reciprocity if you don’t hold certain credentials such as a NAAB accredited degree, like Oregon.
Feb 7, 20 1:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: