Archinect
anchor

Architectural Courses or Books etc...

Hello,

Currently I study architecture in Los Angeles. 

I want to start my own company as a designer to design A.D.U projects mostly with civil engineer or with out (Under Type V)

I have been working for civil engineer but still I do not know how to make papers correct for the city and etc. 

Is the any course or book that will help me to understand how to make architectural set on autocad or revit and how that whole process is working ?

Jan 20, 20 12:44 pm
threeohdoor

I recommend getting a job with a firm who does that work.

If you want to be tricky and unethical, you could hire an expediter (do they have those in LA?), have them pull city-approved drawings of a project similar to the ones you'd like to do, and then learn from those. 

You could get a job with a contractor that specializes in such projects. 

Each DOB will have an online checklist of the things you need to produce in order to have a complete submission package. LA is big enough that I'd imagine their guidelines would be quite comprehensive. Drawings, details, standards, etc. Look up the NYC DOB filing guidelines for reference. We don't really do ADUs here, but you could start to figure out the basics. 

Alternatively, a quick google search yields:

1. Random Draft of Santa Clara ADU Guidelines

2. Amazon has books!

Jan 20, 20 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: