Archinect
anchor

Booze at lunch

liberty bell

Is your project management workflow smoother on the afternoons that you drink at lunch? Or does it just *feel* smoother because you drank at lunch?

Jan 15, 20 2:55 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 10 Comments

Archlandia

both!?

Jan 15, 20 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
proto

when you say smoother, you mean naps?

Jan 15, 20 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Your afternoon soundtrack, taken with twelve aspirin:

liquid lunch

Jan 15, 20 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I generally find it hard to stay awake if I have a beer at lunch.

Jan 15, 20 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

I don't drink much so I wouldn't know.  I do know what when I have mildly low blood sugar things seem to go a lot smoother.  At least until the next day. 

Jan 15, 20 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Depends on what I need to do. If I'm just going to have a production afternoon then a beer quiets my brain down enough to concentrate. If I need to be in meetings or answering RFI's or more organizational stuff, I gotta stay sober.

Jan 15, 20 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I was drinking at lunch today. 6hr worth of meetings too. 

Jan 15, 20 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

It sure doesn't help my productivity, but it does give me the liquid courage I need to do much of my actual job these days (split between managing projects, staff, and clients). 

As an office, we have an infamous reputation amongst A and E firms for our alcohol-fueled exploits. Everyone wants to hang out with us, including clients, which helps us get jobs and maintain relationships. All in a day's work.

Jan 15, 20 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
Fivescore

I work in a firm that had a perfectly competent bookkeeper... before lunch.  Any data entered after lunch was questionable at best.  After she left the firm we discovered that she would make everything balance by recording fake payments in and out, and categorizing them all as "lead abatement".  

Jan 15, 20 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Dude, I got so abated!

Jan 15, 20 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

Holy drunken accounting Batman!

Jan 16, 20 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Should be like a comedy club, two drink minimum.

Jan 16, 20 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: