Archinect
anchor

How are construction costs/timelines coming in lately?

liberty bell

Just curious how people’s projects are coming in during this very busy time.

I’ve had a few come in high lately:

Commercial fit out, budgeted $850,000, came in at $1.3 million

Office fit out, 

Residential addition, budgeted 

Jan 8, 20 11:15 am
liberty bell

OMG Big Green Head the phone interface is so problematic! This refreshed and deleted everything I had typed. 

Supposed to say:

Office fit out, budgeted $75/sf, came in at $150/sf

Residential addition, budgeted $500k, came in at $650k.

Jan 8, 20 11:23 am  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

This is for western Colorado, 2018/2019 construction.  

Middle school, new.  1000,000 sf

Budgeted $380/sf,  came in $382/sf

Jan 8, 20 11:27 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

noice... then again, if I had 380/sf for our schools I'd be ecstatic. Different county school systems are pegging from $180/SF to $250/SF.

Jan 8, 20 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

For new, high-quality homes that aren't overly large or complex ("Pretty Good Houses"), coastal Maine, I'm seeing $300/sf and up. Just a few years ago the starting point was $200/sf. Then add sitework, garages, porches, basements, etc. My clients are having a hard time spending $800K to $1M for what to them seems like a relatively modest house. Builders are having a very hard time getting subcontractors to show up so schedules are wacky. 

Jan 8, 20 11:56 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

We are 100% commercial firm in flyover USA and prices are coming in at the higher range of estimates we generate in house and with cost consultants.   We are generally bumping up any and all numbers at the beginning of a job to be on the safe side.  Even having done these things, we are still having to navigate a lot of denial and anger from clients.   

Jan 8, 20 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Closing out a job that's 1.5 years old that came in 20% under.  Recently, bidding things coming in at 150% of estimates. 

Northern Virginia screws up all the averages in our state. 

Jan 8, 20 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: