Archinect
anchor

Would you pick job A or job B?

ArchNyen

You have been walking the architecture woods for 5-6 years in sight of more dreadful landings ahead. At a cross roads where the path forks, you found yourself with great insights to the future through two transparent door. 

Door A shows a work place with a more sense of accomplishment, more pay, more responsibility, more stress.

and Door B shows a work place with less sense of accomplishment, less pay, less responsibility, and less stress. 

Having to decide before the darkness of architecture sucks the soul out of you, which door would pick?

Aug 22, 19 2:45 pm
Archlandia

Door A. You can always go back to Door B if Door A doesn't work out. Door A, seems like a better resume move as well? Are you trying to retire or keep climbing?

Aug 22, 19 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
gibbost

Who goes to (and pays for) 5+ years of school, only to take the path of mediocrity for their entire career?  Certainly, the profession has its share of people that simply coast.  But, risk and reward have always had a uniquely convenient partnership.  Seems to me that you might as well at least walk thru Door A if given the opportunity.  Door B will always be there waiting.

Aug 22, 19 3:24 pm  · 
 · 

Door C.

Don't delude yourself that there are only two choices.

Aug 22, 19 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Reprogram the simulation.

Aug 22, 19 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I choose to leap out of the window. I am sure there is a some sort of soft cushion below. Maybe even a pool. 

Aug 22, 19 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

These are unrealistic choices (at least in my experience), but A. No brainer.

Aug 22, 19 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

The more likely choice is: Door A shows a work place with a more sense of accomplishment, less pay, less responsibility, more stress. and Door B shows a work place with less sense of accomplishment, more pay, more responsibility, and less stress.

That's a tougher choice.

Aug 22, 19 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Door A shows a work place with a more sense of accomplishment, less pay, more responsibility, more stress. and Door B shows a work place with less sense of accomplishment, more pay, less responsibility, and less stress.

Aug 22, 19 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Also common.

Aug 22, 19 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

take the blue pill

Aug 23, 19 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

After hearing the whispers from the Archinect Gods and taking the blue pill, you have decide to take the path of hardship and leap towards Door A.

Right before you turn the knob on the transparent door, a dark figure approaches quickly towards you, breaking through the glass while catching his breath. You are in shock to see that the figure is you in some sort of shadowy shade and has seem to age 2-3 years from your present self. 

Grabbing onto your shoulders and lightly shaking you, he disappears into the night like a dark smoke from a winter chimney echoing faded words "abandon hopeall ye who enter here..."

Aug 28, 19 10:53 am  · 
 · 

Too bad he didn't appear when you were applying to architecture school.

Aug 28, 19 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

I take door A but pawn all the stressful stuff onto a PM so I can just do the fun design work.  

Aug 28, 19 11:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: