Archinect
anchor

DAAD Scholarship 2020

Hello guys! anyone applying for the DAAD scholarship for 2020? I would like to get in touch with you all,as the process is quite lengthy and website quite confusing. Discussing the process of application could be mutually helpfuly. The applications are out and the deadline is September 30th. 

Cheers

Ashlon

Aug 11, 19 1:53 pm
Amara

I am applying also, quite tedious but i should be done this week

Sep 17, 19 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
mithileshmandal

Hi Ashlon  and Amara, I hope you guys have applied for it, do you have any clue about when the results will be out? Also, which all colleges are you applying for?

Oct 23, 19 12:28 am  · 
 · 

Yeah I did apply, I dont remember the exact dates, I am guessing Feb or March.

I applied for March-T, Typlogy at TU Berlin and ITECH at University of Stuttgart. Just gave two options, and the others weren't in line with my interest. What about you?

Oct 25, 19 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mithileshmandal

Hi, I have applied for Urban Design in TU Berlin, European Urban Studies in Bahaus Weimar and Architecture in Hs. Wismar.

Oct 26, 19 1:18 am  · 
 · 
mithileshmandal

Do you know anyone who had in the past availed this scholarship?

Oct 26, 19 1:19 am  · 
 · 
ashlonfrank

No, I just met one scholar last year, I had a brief talk with him regarding the scholarship.

Oct 26, 19 3:27 am  · 
 · 
Amara

Ashlon, I also applied for ITECH in Stuttgart. Have you applied for admission there?

Feb 2, 20 11:14 am  · 
 · 
ashlonfrank

Yes I haven't applied yet. But planning to soon.

Feb 2, 20 11:23 am  · 
 · 
ashlonfrank

No, I just met one scholar last year, I had a brief talk with him regarding the scholarship. 

Oct 26, 19 3:26 am  · 
 · 
mithileshmandal

could you share some info?

Oct 26, 19 3:50 am  · 
 · 
mithileshmandal

Do you mind if I contact you over a personal message?

Oct 26, 19 3:51 am  · 
 · 

Sure. frankashlon@gmail.com

Oct 26, 19 5:43 am  · 
 · 
jorgeluisriverotorres

Hi guys, I applied for this scholarship last year being shortlisted between the last 150 applicants, so I know a bit of how the process works, right now I can tell you that my application has been received as well as my documents, if you have any questions, let me know, I am here to help you!

Nov 5, 19 10:25 am  · 
 · 
Amara

When do we expect the outcome of their meeting, this month or next month?

Feb 2, 20 11:10 am  · 
 · 
ashlonfrank

Wait, I applied last year 2019 September 30th deadline too. But for the September /October2020 intake. Are the results out Already? Where can I check them?

Feb 2, 20 11:25 am  · 
 · 
Amara

They are not out yet, I also want to know when the results would be out

Feb 2, 20 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Goofyhoops

The application process for winter sem 2020 will start soon. Can we still apply for scholarship without having an acceptance from the universities?

I haven't sone that yet. gues I should go check.
Any tips?

Jan 14, 20 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
kakhidzetako

yes, you can apply

Jan 26, 20 7:43 am  · 
 · 
kakhidzetako

Hope everyone is satisfied with results (if they are already published). Any tips about the portfolio, just besides the official guidelines? I know it's hard to get liked by the commission:)

Jan 26, 20 7:44 am  · 
1  · 

Did anyone of you guys get the results, because I read on a facebook group that few have received it. !

Feb 20, 20 6:40 am  · 
 · 
mengxihe1

Hello, All, 

I will be applying for the DAAD scholarship too but why it shows me that 

Im referring to this one: 

https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?origin=44&status=3&subjectGrps=&daad=&q=&page=1&detail=57135744#bewerbung

"Currently you cannot apply for this programme. Please note the application deadline specified under the Application procedure tab."

any ideas?

May 10, 20 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
insecurearch

I assume that the application portal for year 2021-2022 has not yet been opened, and the deadline for 2020-2021 was September 2019 and the final results (I think) are not yet out. I would wait until summer and check back then :)

May 11, 20 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
selinsevim

Hey guys,

I am applying this years DAAD scholarship, and I'm working on my portolio. The guideline says "max 20 DIN A4 pages". I am confused about the printing style. I don't know if I should print single 20 pages (without anything on the back) or double sided 10 pages which is also 20 pages. Also it is supposed to be bounded portfolio as the guideline says. I would really appreciate if you have any ideas :)

Aug 3, 20 9:19 am  · 
2  · 
nkja

Hi! Did you get any information about the portfolio? I hope the process is going well :)

Aug 19, 20 4:05 am  · 
1  · 
selinsevim

Hey! Unfortunately not :( Do you have any idea on that?

Aug 19, 20 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
nkja

when I saw the information, I thought that it will be double sided 10 pages. Also I am confused about the statement "at least three drafts on a scale appropriate to the object (ground plan, layout, elevation and perspective, on separate sheets)" I guess for one project we will present at least three drafts on separate pages.

Aug 21, 20 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
selinsevim

I guess I might go for double sided 10 pages considering it’ll be binded- like a booklet. It doesn’t make sense to make single 20 pages when in that format. Yeah..I got confused by that statement too..but I guess they want
us to show various drawings for each project

Aug 21, 20 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Vale1234567

Hello guys! Has anyone been accepted to this scholarship? I am also applying to ITECH at University of Stuttgart

Aug 18, 20 8:12 am  · 
 · 
xxxhaan

Hey guys!

I have a question about the portfolio: are we only allowed one image/draft per page? I have a couple of sections that I usually group together and to have them spread out like that just seems like a waste of space

Sep 7, 20 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
selinsevim

to be honest I’ve used more than one images for one sheet as long as it’s readable and not too complicated. Because it occurred to me it’s waste of space when you can show more than one thing and it looks quite alright.

Sep 8, 20 2:20 am  · 
1  · 
kwakkwak

has anybody figured out what they mean by "at least three drafts on a scale appropriate to the object (ground plan, layout, elevation and perspective, on separate sheets)"?

My current portfolio consists of different layouts on each page like plan + render + small text etc. Should I change this to single plan/section/elevation on a single sheet?

Sep 9, 20 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
xxxhaan

Yeah, it's not clear to me either but I think the safest bet would be to put at least most of them in separate sheets​.

Sep 10, 20 11:19 am  · 
 · 
erickber_20

​Hi, did you figure out what does this statement really means? and how strict is this requirement?

Sep 11, 20 11:31 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Hello everyone, i seek clarification on this note i found on the website.

"Current note: Due to the current pandemic situation, applications can be submitted on application dates that lie in 2020 without application reference.".

Does this mean a complete application can be made this year without submitting the reference form and letter?

Sep 20, 20 10:21 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

yep. I called DAAD and they said due to Covid situation applicants don't have to submit references this year

Sep 20, 20 11:32 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

All right. Thanks for the clarification. Have you completed your application yet?

Sep 20, 20 11:42 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

nope. I'm slightly confused about their portfolio requirements, did you put every single plan on a single sheet with nothing else on the sheet?

Sep 20, 20 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
dayzzy

I'm still confused too. However, I plan to assign each drawing to a sheet i.e separate drawing type on separate sheets. But i may include two drawings of the same type on a sheet i.e two plans on a sheet. 

I won't combine floor plan and section/any other on the same sheet.

Sep 21, 20 8:07 am  · 
 · 
STSH

Hello Im planning to apply to several master programs in Germany for the academic year of 2021-2022. Is the deadline of 30 September 2020 for the DAAD scholarship for people applying for 2021? because this seems too early since some application for Universities hasn't even opened yet, so Im confused.

Sep 21, 20 6:55 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

yep that's how it is. You need to submit/mail the DAAD application long before the university application portals even open .

Sep 21, 20 7:14 am  · 
 · 
STSH

Thank you! But oh man I had no idea it was so early, that means I have 10 days left, I really hope I can get my application in in time

Sep 21, 20 7:23 am  · 
 · 
STSH

Is it true we have to have two years of work experience to be eligible for the scholarship? I've seen this mentioned online, but its not on the requirements on the official scholarship page.

Sep 22, 20 6:02 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

It's not specified in the requirements so I'm quite sure the information you got is wrong. Work experience can only improve your chances.. nothing more than that.

Sep 23, 20 3:36 pm  · 
1  · 

hey guys,

Can you tell me what to upload in these 2 categories :

List of work samples ? does it mean the portfolio or only list of projects.

course profile ? i have no idea what this means.

thanks in advance guys.

Sep 24, 20 7:11 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

maybe the detailed information about the courses

Sep 24, 20 9:09 am  · 
 · 
STSH

I think the list of work samples is the list they asked us to submit with the details of the work in the portfolio: "List of all submitted plans/design with info (i.e. size, date of creation, place, etc.)"

Sep 25, 20 11:01 am  · 
dayzzy

Hello everyone, i want to confirm if the address below is truly the address to send physical documents to. Thanks.

Section ST32 - Africa
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Kennedyallee 50
53175 Bonn
Germany

Sep 24, 20 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
STSH

Hey, I had a question regarding one of the sections we need to fill in in the application form, the short description of research/study/work project, is a description of our previous work, like for example the bachelor graduation project? or do they mean research work we are interested in doing? 

Sep 25, 20 11:03 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Indicate both to be on a safer safe. You can highlight your past research and link it with what you would want to work on during your master's degree
programme

Sep 25, 20 5:00 pm  · 
1  · 
marsalamüllerdosreis

Hey guys, is this extensive description a mandatory document? I asked DAAD but they didn't give me any clear answer.

Jul 28, 22 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
Btw 30 sept means the documents to be sent by post should reach them by 30 or the courier should be dated before 30 sept ?
Sep 26, 20 7:56 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

It has to be dated the 30th of September at the latest

Sep 26, 20 8:15 am  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Hi. Why does the funding programme not showing the architecture program in the first step?

Sep 26, 20 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Here i cannot find the scholarship!!

Sep 26, 20 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

found it. they have messed up the numbers. Cannot find the two year experience scholarship listed here? Will it be done through professors of university?

Sep 26, 20 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
STSH

Urgent: I'm a little confused by the things we need to send by post, so one of them is the portfolio which is clear, and then they ask for: "with the printed "cover sheet for the application", the "application summary" generated in the portal and the report"

so just to make sure added to portfolio we must submit: 1) cover sheet for application 2) application summary and 3) the report we filled in, correct?

where do we get the cover sheet for application and the application summary though? are they generated only after we click "send documents" on the portal?

thank you for anyone who can clarify please. 

Sep 28, 20 6:14 am  · 
 · 
kwakkwak

once you upload your documents the system will generate the summary which consists of your application form and everything you uploaded to the portal. The "cover sheet for the application" is the first page of the summary, and I'm pretty sure you only need to send that exact sheet instead of the whole summary, along with your portfolio.

Sep 28, 20 7:50 am  · 
1  · 
STSH

Thank you, that makes sense!

Sep 28, 20 7:58 am  · 
 · 
futurething

hi guys, this sub seems pretty dead but, has anyone received the confirmation that DAAD received their documents sent by post?

Nov 9, 20 2:42 am  · 
 · 
xxxhaan

I’ve received the confirmation that they received my documents by post around a month ago, and today I got an email asking for the digital version of my portfolio. Did anyone else also get this?

Dec 22, 20 8:53 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Nope.. I didn't receive such message.

Dec 22, 20 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Did they provide any information on why they
requested for it?

Dec 22, 20 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
xxxhaan

Nope, the email just explains how to upload and that’s it.

Dec 22, 20 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
houyemsnene

Yes i did and i am very confused because as i remember my Paper portfolio was 24 pages i guess... Now i can't know if i should send the identitcal as odf or if i should make less pages so they become 20...

Dec 26, 20 1:44 am  · 
 · 
xxxhaan

Oh, I’m not sure changing it now will help since the one sent by post should’ve been 20 pages in the first place

Dec 26, 20 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
Wall-E

I received it too. The deadline to upload the digital portfolio. Is Jan 4th 

Dec 27, 20 3:01 am  · 
1  · 
dayzzy

I still haven't received any mail concerning the digital portfolio... ughhh

Dec 31, 20 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
inprogress

Hey guys, I haven't received any emails about this and I'm not sure if I should message them on the portal or just wait?

Jan 1, 21 4:18 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Confused too.. Jan 4th is almost here.

Its probably nothing

Jan 1, 21 5:34 am  · 
 · 
inprogress

have you tried contacting them through the portal messaging system? I also thought maybe they've split up the portfolio/application reviews so they're getting in touch with some people now and will contact the rest later? idk

Jan 1, 21 5:45 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Nope, I haven't contacted them yet. I also think the applications are processed in batches and others will be contacted in due time. It's a hard one to guess really.

Jan 1, 21 6:50 am  · 
 · 
inprogress

Hey, have you received anything at this point?

Jan 16, 21 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Nothing yet...
have you?

Jan 16, 21 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
inprogress

nope, and I wonder if it means anything haha. Aren't they supposed to make a decision in January? There's only about 2 weeks left at this point

Jan 16, 21 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Jan 17, 21 12:01 am  · 
 · 
dayzzy

Exactly my thoughts... it probably means nothing and by month end, decision would have been made. We can only hope for the best.

Jan 17, 21 12:07 am  · 
 · 
Wall-E

Hi. Anyone received any update from Daad? 

Feb 8, 21 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
selinsevim

​Hey I haven't received any information yet. Based on the last message, we should have heard from them around these days. I guess we will have to wait more

Feb 17, 21 1:27 am  · 
 · 
Wall-E

I received the decision today saying I didn't get it and I am on a waiting list if any scholarship opportunity comes up. Who else got this email? 

Feb 18, 21 11:32 am  · 
 · 
patríciaeiko

Hi fellows!

I'm applying for the next year intake and have a lot of doubts in DAAD form regarding differences between educational systems. 

Anyone from Brazil here?

Jun 7, 21 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
emekanwosu

Hi everyone I applied for a DAAD scholarship for 2022, on the application procedure tab, it says we would receive a link to upload our portfolio by 29th October 2021, but I haven’t received any message yet to upload a portfolio. Has anyone got a message to upload their digital portfolio yet?

Oct 29, 21 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: