Archinect
anchor

BOMA fees?

dominiond

Hi all- striking out on my own soon and trying to figure out the “steady volume” work I can do while I grow my practice.

Does anyone have my insights on how much to charge for BOMA calcs for mixed use v office projects? A person who has been practicing for 25 years told me it’s $.02- that seems ridiculously low.

Is that what your firm charges for this project types? Thanks for insights -

Aug 6, 19 10:34 pm
joseffischer

BOMA plans and SF counts are really easy.  I specifically don't do them a ton so I have to open the book every time (maybe 3-4 times a year) but some of our staff are up-to-date on current regional/market preferred editions.  

Are they giving you plans? If so, I'd charge a flat minimum fee of 1/2 day labor.  It's not going to take even that long.  For certain long term clients, if they called asking for calcs for a small building, we probably wouldn't even charge.  

If they aren't giving you plans, then you're charging for something else entirely, some level of record drawings to as-builts depending on what you can contract with the client.

Aug 7, 19 9:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: