Archinect
anchor

Foreign Architect Canada

How foreign Architect  in Canada has adapted their overseas experience with an applied understanding of Canadian professional standards, codes and regulations?

Jul 23, 19 6:32 am
Non Sequitur

check your qualifications with the CACB first. It’s a long and expensive process to tuen your foreign architect license into a Canadian one. 

Besides that, depending on where you’re coming from, local codes and prof practice laws will differ greatly. This not something you can just google. 

Jul 23, 19 7:14 am  · 
 · 

Thanks Non, Can you share me your experience? Can you share me your experience in terms of working in Canada? Did you have a hard time in understanding Canadian Standards?

Jul 23, 19 7:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I’m not foreign to Canada since I was born here and completed both undergrad and grad schools here. I’ve know a few foreign trained professional and almost all of them end up taking a m.arch degree in order to meet minimum requirements to write exams. As for our standards, codes vary depending on which province you work in but generally, they are as strict and difficult to work with as any other developed country. At least we’re metric so that’s a plus.

Jul 23, 19 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Thanks Non!

Jul 23, 19 8:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: